• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2020 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
14 14

1,163 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2020 at 9:45 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

These do look amazing,  but I am a little confused by these. So he cuts the images out of the existing covers, but the still grade universal 9.8? Kind of surprised as this technically removes parts of the cover , so shouldn't this get the dreaded Green/Yellow to be a 9.8 or take a grade hit for missing pieces of covers?

Again do not get me wrong , I do really think these are awesome. Congratulations!!

On 10/28/2020 at 10:16 PM, Iconic1s said:

This is super perplexing to me... I wonder how/why CGC decided to go that route with the label?  They are DEFINITELY COOL and it's definitely an 'art form' in and of itself but actually troubling that CGC didn't go with a Qualified Label for these.  I also imagine, they could be very collectible for the art form/artist but not so much for the book itself anymore because it's cut up (just my opinion as I know to each his/her own).

I guess next time you submit a book with a coupon/piece missing have it signed by an artist and say it was done for artistic reasons and you are good to go.

Please no offense intended to the owner of these, I agree that they are very cool indeed but it really troubles me when so much effort goes into finding Universal 9.8's and they are giving basically the same grade to books with half the cover cut out.

I agree, these should not have been labeled as yellows... I understand they are artistic, but the artist essentially damaged the cover. What is the difference between cutting out the cover or doing any other damage to a cover that alters the physical condition of the paper?

47 minutes ago, mediaslave said:

Just thought I'd throw out some sketch covers that I've been working on lately. Trying to get back into the swing of things after not drawing regularly for a long time. It's funny I don't remember my hand getting a sore when I was younger... 

IMG_20201108_221628.jpg

IMG_20201029_142703.jpg

These are badass

3 hours ago, mediaslave said:

Just thought I'd throw out some sketch covers that I've been working on lately. Trying to get back into the swing of things after not drawing regularly for a long time. It's funny I don't remember my hand getting a sore when I was younger... 

IMG_20201108_221628.jpg

IMG_20201029_142703.jpg

Absolutely amazing work man

4 hours ago, Avi said:

If you want more practice, I could use a samurai batman sketch. :bigsmile:

Sure, but I have 6 commissions ahead of you first. ;)

That movie was not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy. Terrible, but so much fun to watch. 

**Edit : LOL @ swear filter. 

Edited by mediaslave

On 11/11/2020 at 2:00 PM, mediaslave said:

IMG_20201108_221628.jpg

IMG_20201029_142703.jpg

Absolutely fantastic work. I can identify with trying to get back into the swing of things. I recently started working in my sketchbooks again for the first time in 3+ years since I tore my rotator cuff and and pinched nerve in my right shoulder. Keep it up. Look forward to seeing more of your work!