• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any way to remove stacking curls?

3 posts in this topic

As per title, is there any DIY way of remove stacking curls from modern age comics (2011 onwards)? I've heard of using heavy books such as dictionaries but I'm not sure if that works. Any suggestions/solutions would be appreciated. 

PS. I got these stacking curls because I left ~200 comics on an angle inside a box without making sure each comic and its backing board were flush. Some books were out of place and I assume after years of storage the backing board imprinted itself onto the books behind it. You can see in the image what I mean by the curl.

20200102_025041.jpg

Hi, I have a similar type problem with my 1980's comics where a few of them weren't pushed all the way down before putting the lid back on.  Not that they've been that way for 30+ years but at some point when I took them out, I wasn't careful enough replacing them.   The top of them became bent but not to the point where it made color breaking creases.  

I went over the top edge with a small travel iron (no steam & using a teflon sheet) and then sandwiched them between backing boards (one in the middle also) and then in-between hardback books and placed 25 pounds of steel plates (ie weightlifting plates) on it.   After a full day it certainly helped but not back to original shape