• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perfect Sized Collection
4 4

77 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Love the "Comic Land" poster. I believe that Robert Beerbong made those up years ago.

Got it directly from him. He had a house a town or two away from Omaha he’d sell out of. Some great stuff in the early days. My comic room is called “Comic Land” because of it.

I guess I would like my collection to be around 10k books, I think that would be manageable enough.

I would like to downsize my house but I just cant bring myself to part with any, so I am trapped lol

15 minutes ago, Kevin.J said:

I guess I would like my collection to be around 10k books, I think that would be manageable enough.

I would like to downsize my house but I just cant bring myself to part with any, so I am trapped lol

I think that's where I'm at in 10K-15K area. I'm a hopeless run collector. (shrug)

I’m actually going thru my collection trying to organize it right now. I have had my more expensive core runs in mylite2s and halfbacks for awhile, but my other stuff has been in a complete mishmash for decades.  I had convention stock in the late 80s/early 90s that I’ve never really bothered to deal with.  I finally went thru and bagged and boarded the quarter box stuff from then.  A lot of it is still worth about that 🙂

Going thru it all got me nostalgic for all of that 80s drek though.  I started digging through 3/$1 boxes and buying more of it.  After buying a bunch of duplicates, I decided I should really organize things so I could properly inventory my collection.  So I’ve started getting it in order.

I’ve probably got about 1500 books that have some real value and about 2000 more that are pretty darn drekky.  Why shouldn’t I own bunches of 80s Rom, Conans, New Mutants, X-Factor, West Coast Avengers, Punisher War Journal, etc?  It’s not like it is going to be worth selling.

I’m not bumping into space constraints, as we bought a big house and I’ve been given one of the extra bedrooms for the collection.  So I’ll be buying some more drek to fill in those runs once I get them organized so I know which ones I’m missing.

5 hours ago, Hamlet said:

I’ve probably got about 1500 books that have some real value and about 2000 more that are pretty darn drekky.  Why shouldn’t I own bunches of 80s Rom, Conans, New Mutants, X-Factor, West Coast Avengers, Punisher War Journal, etc?  It’s not like it is going to be worth selling.

I’m not bumping into space constraints, as we bought a big house and I’ve been given one of the extra bedrooms for the collection. 

I encountered the same thing. I've got stuff that isn't worth selling; Marvel 2in1, Alien Legion, reprints...

My criterion to keep them was "will I ever read these again?". If the answer was no, out they'd go!

15 hours ago, Hamlet said:

I’m actually going thru my collection trying to organize it right now. I have had my more expensive core runs in mylite2s and halfbacks for awhile, but my other stuff has been in a complete mishmash for decades.  I had convention stock in the late 80s/early 90s that I’ve never really bothered to deal with.  I finally went thru and bagged and boarded the quarter box stuff from then.  A lot of it is still worth about that 🙂

Going thru it all got me nostalgic for all of that 80s drek though.  I started digging through 3/$1 boxes and buying more of it.  After buying a bunch of duplicates, I decided I should really organize things so I could properly inventory my collection.  So I’ve started getting it in order.

I’m not bumping into space constraints, as we bought a big house and I’ve been given one of the extra bedrooms for the collection.  So I’ll be buying some more drek to fill in those runs once I get them organized so I know which ones I’m missing.

I love it when I discover a key I didn’t realize was a key or that I even owned.  “Hey, I wonder if MyComicShop will buy any of these random Valiants I found buried in one of my long boxes?  Eternal Warriors 4 is consignable?  First Bloodshot?  Cool, adding it to my consign pile.

I have absolutely no idea how I ended up with it.