• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2020
1 1

670 posts in this topic

I’m just reading some silver age World’s Finest (reprints). #79 and 80. Back to when their secret identities are the main plot of the majority of their stories. Their adventures are a bit more magical than current reads, but that’s ok. 

Edited by AlexH

43 minutes ago, Raze said:

Hows the Jimmy Olsen?! Im waiting for the trade...

I like it. The narrator is funny, playing on the awkward diction of the silver age writing. It's an interesting bridge of old and new storytelling. Fraction plays with the narrative structure as he works different threads. You can tell the creative team is having fun.

This may inspire me to read more....I like it. Like others, I have a lot of stuff in the PC that requires reading.

Here is my first of the year.

Image result for marvel feature 2

I have a bunch of these Red Sonja issues that I will be plugging through. This issue was good. I like Thorne's art but I am not sure why. It is kind of messy at times and I find he stuffs a lot into a page or panel. Maybe that is a good thing because it keeps your eyes looking everyone and seeing different things. The story was also interesting and leaves some mystery as to what might happen next to Red Sonja.

Also, a question here. Does Thorne hit the cons? I wouldn't mind meeting him some day. 

13 hours ago, Norinn Radd said:

I've just started a new reading project on 1/1/20.  I am reading Usagi Yojimbo from start to current.  I'm a big Usagi fan but I've only read the earliest stories before now.

Just finished book 1 (144 pages of stories from Albedo, Critters, Doomsday Squad, and the Usagi Yojimbo Summer Special).

UsagiBook1.jpg.3a808ea61f53ccf51892282ff557a12d.jpg

I have the first TPB of this but haven't read it yet. Let me know what you think of it

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I've gotta play less HUT on the weekends... I have read 0 so far...

what is HUT?