• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2020
1 1

670 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raze said:

If the House/Powers of X needs a new home, let me know. Ive herd it a good read...same with the Kelly Jones Batman..

Yeah, great read for sure! Nah, these are in the home library, not planning on turning them loose, especially the Kelley Jones stuff. He's my all time favorite Bat-artist, that stuff is part of the permanent library!

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, great read for sure! Nah, these are in the home library, not planning on turning them loose, especially the Kelley Jones stuff. He's my all time favorite Bat-artist, that stuff is part of the permanent library!

Definitely keepers.

I’m still looking forward to reading the Hickman X-Men books.

12 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Definitely keepers.

I’m still looking forward to reading the Hickman X-Men books.

@Ken Aldred I'd have to imagine you'll dig it, since you liked the Avengers stuff. It has all of the things that made that great: the time spanning scope, the graphs and charts, the world building etc. Some great high concept stuff in there.

On 7/20/2020 at 1:45 AM, F For Fake said:

@Ken Aldred I'd have to imagine you'll dig it, since you liked the Avengers stuff. It has all of the things that made that great: the time spanning scope, the graphs and charts, the world building etc. Some great high concept stuff in there.

I still have my Secret Wars books to post about.  Seems to be an Avengers year for me.

303-309

This is going to be the first “Event” I collect in recent times. I think I might have done War Games, I know I read them but dont remember how.

Anyway I really loving the setup so far! Detective was cool in the fact that Bats did so detective work and the action as fun. 

Nightwing is good but Ive heard since he got shot in the head its not been a good story, but I think I like how it working out.

Tomorrow I start part 1 of Joker War!!!

Nightwing 70-72

Detective Comics 1020-1023

2CF4FBCA-0268-4F19-8E0D-8F85C93D69F4.jpeg

310-312 

Tec 1024

Batman 95

Batgirl 47

So DC messed up some editing!!! 

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

In Nightwing 72 we see that Batgirl is “captured” but in Batgirl 47 after NW 72 she is at home....I hope all the tie-ins do better than this and Actually Fit in to the story!

CF60C800-3947-4C0E-80F2-CDDED784C846.jpeg

211 to 214

Wolverine mini-series 1 to 4, 1982

Despite being a huge Chris Claremont fan, this is one of my least favourite stories of his.  I’ve tried reading it again, but it still just feels cold, plodding and boring to me.

Frank Miller’s artwork is brilliant, of course, but I don’t like the inking style at all, and at times it really does soften his pencils far too much.  Having seen some of the original pencil art, that's much more detailed, harder and grittier-looking, and would’ve been much better left alone.

Despite its classic status, I've never managed to get into this one.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:57 AM, AlexH said:

Lots of reading for me in the past 2 weeks:

- Spawn 46-50

- Elephant Men #40-55

Yosagi Yojimbo #1-16, and 1-6 (really enjoyed this and will likely pick up more omnibuses)

Powers #1-6 (who Killed Retro Girl?)

Deadshot 1-4 (mini series)

Detective comics #474, 518

Batman #369

Superman #76 (original series)

World's Finest #71-84

What if #7-11

Mice Templar #1-7

226/1000

Is your Ed McGuinness Stiff Arm Volume 3 sketchbook still for sale?

4887B6CA-26D9-412B-B0F3-F78E011457A7.jpeg