• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2020
1 1

670 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raze said:

Tales form the Crypt 35

This has a Great Werewolf cover/story, a Vampire story, a Voodoo story and a Mummy story! Absolutely an awesome read!!

DF72D294-4C95-42A5-8CC5-5E361759AC74.jpeg

The vampire story is a classic too; 'Midnight Mess'.

More of that fun reading stuff:

Copperhead #1-5

Manifest Destiny #1-12 (This one is pretty interesting)

Vamperonica #1-5 

October Faction #1-18 (will have to check out the Netflix series as well)

It Girl #7-12

Uber: Invasion #1-16 (I really like this one about an alternate Earth during WW2

270/1000

1 hour ago, AlexH said:

More of that fun reading stuff:

Copperhead #1-5

Manifest Destiny #1-12 (This one is pretty interesting)

Vamperonica #1-5 

October Faction #1-18 (will have to check out the Netflix series as well)

It Girl #7-12

Uber: Invasion #1-16 (I really like this one about an alternate Earth during WW2

270/1000

How was Copphead? I've picked them up from dollar boxes, but I'm worried that the series was cancelled twice, and I think it's still unfinished.

52 minutes ago, srezvan said:

How was Copphead? I've picked them up from dollar boxes, but I'm worried that the series was cancelled twice, and I think it's still unfinished.

It's not a bad read. It had potential, but I wasn't in awe of it. 

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

251-305

Bone #1-55 (re-read this with one of my students this summer)

Excellent series.

On 8/1/2020 at 1:50 AM, ttfitz said:

My local comic shop manager has a thing he does every August, the Troy-David 100 Back Issue a Week Challenge. Each week in August (along with an extra 4 says of September to make an even 5 weeks) you try to read 100 of your back issues. I've done it the last 3 years, and was getting ready to do it again this year when I saw this thread. So I said to myself, Self, 2 birds.

So, week 1 of the Challenge is in the books. In the 2017 Challenge I intended to read some Legion of Super Heroes titles, since it was their 70th anniversary. But it was also a Superman anniversary, and I ended up filling my quota with Superman titles. So this week my theme was LSH and Books With My Kids.

First up, the LSH issues:

Adventure Comics #329-380 - some classic tales of the Legion during these issues, many of them written by the teenage Jim Shooter. So many great stories in this run: Super-Moby where Lightning Lad loses his arm; Starfinger; Computo; Star Boy getting expelled; The Luck-Lords; the Super-Stalag; the introductions of Universo, the Fatal Five, The Dark Circle, and Mordru (not to mention the first appearance of the Khunds in the DC universe); the Sun Eater; and the Adult Legion story that shaped the LSH history for years to come. An essential run of LSH issues for the Legion fan.

CoverCoverCoverCoverCoverCoverCoverCoverCoverCoverCoverCover

After their run in Adventure Comics, the Legion moved to the backup feature in Action Comics issues #377-392. Not as many memorable stories here, as they were the backup, but still of interest to Legion completists.

Finally on the Legion run, the moved into Superboy as the backup - and later the feature, crowding out Superboy in his own title - and here I read issues 172-173, 176-178, and 183.

In the category of Books With My Kids:

With my daughter, we continued on with Saga, reading issues #19-33. We also started the recent Martian Manhunter miniseries, reading issues #1-7.

With my son, we read the first 5 issues of Fables, What Happened to Rose Red? A very interesting Fair Play mystery, highly recommended.

The current total is now 296.

Edited by ttfitz
Fables, not Gables

16 hours ago, Raze said:

Strange Tales 87

This concludes my Horror week! I love the SA Monster books! So campy and fun!

F0DCE3EB-244C-49AA-B61B-6D0BA7C46E6A.jpeg

Good pick. Prototype for The Abomination.

15 hours ago, Raze said:

Mad 23 last comic issue

I collect EC books but every time I read a Mad Im let down...maybe its my age...

It’s just very dated and trying too hard.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Spawn 1-150

Saga of the Swamp Thing 20-64 annual #2

Crossed vol.1-3 

Crossed: Badlands 1-56

Crossed +100 1-6

Alan Moore's The Courtyard 1-2

Neonomicon 1-4

Providence 1-12(currently reading)

Immortal Hulk 1-35 (x2)

Space Ghost 1-6

Sin City: The Hard Goodbye 1-13

Sin City: A dame to kill for 1-6

V for Vendetta 1-10

Deadpool: World's Greatest #20

The Tick 1-13

The Manhattan Projects 1-25

East of West 1-45

100 bullets 1-100 

Locke & Key vol 1-6

Black Monday Murders vol 1

The Nightly News 1-6

Thor: God of Thunder vol 1-4

~653/1000

Probably more, I can't recall. 

That Deadpool issue always leaves me misty eyed. The same for Immortal Hulk 13; when Hulk says he was always there to protect him. 

Not of fan recent comics from the big 2. It feels like they insert PSAs into the comics that don't propel the story at all. I'm all for changing the cultural landscape, but at least be clever and creative about it, instead of a ham-fisted beat you over the head type thing. (Immortal Hulk the exception but it suffers the same problems at times)

Judo Joe 1

I found this "Gem" in a box in the back room of a LCS. It made me laugh. Im a big MMA fan so I had to get this along with a few other books. Needless to say I didn't pay for it but worth every penny! 

There is a Atomic Bomb panel and in a 4 page story he dresses as a woman to catch a purse snatcher! I highly recommend this odd ball title so if you want to read it here's a link

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=18799

Scan 2020-8-10 21.13.15.jpg