• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2020
1 1

670 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

do digital reads count? if so I've completed the Eternals run. going to do annual and maybe the modern eternal I saw on Marvel's site.

There's also a recent issue that reprints the short Eternals origin stories from 70s What If?, which are interesting.

background.jpg

1 hour ago, Krismusic said:

do digital reads count? if so I've completed the Eternals run. going to do annual and maybe the modern eternal I saw on Marvel's site.

If you're reading and enjoying comics, does the format you've chosen really matter?

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

If you're reading and enjoying comics, does the format you've chosen really matter?

to me not really but to some they are picky with the formats I love both.. sometimes I love the smell of the comic lol.. might be because of all those chemicals messing with my brain. But I've recently started the digital format and love reading the older books that are a bit harder to get a hold of or too expensive or hard to get the TPB series collection. I am not to picky as long as I have a good time is all that matters to me and I am always open to at least trying something new. Hence why I tried the digital format. 

:smile:

35 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

There's also a recent issue that reprints the short Eternals origin stories from 70s What If?, which are interesting.

background.jpg

I found the ending left a bit unexplained does this finish off the origin of the celestials? As it wasn't finished or explained too much in the original run besides being 

Spoiler

being from outer space and here on Earth to judge us. I was left wondering more about what the purpose of the celestial was. 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

and love reading the older books that are a bit harder to get a hold of or too expensive or hard to get the TPB series collection

Yup. It does take the stress out of that.  

13 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I found the ending left a bit unexplained does this finish off the origin of the celestials? As it wasn't finished or explained too much in the original run besides being 

I've read loads of material featuring them, but not much about the origin itself.

However, Wikipedia says..

' The first detailed account of the Celestials' origin was finally presented in Ultimates 2 #6 (2017).'

I wasn't aware of that development as it's a series I haven't read yet - maybe this year?

Edited by Ken Aldred

11 hours ago, AlexH said:

I have the first TPB of this but haven't read it yet. Let me know what you think of it

Like I said, I'm a big Usagi fan.  The art and stories are enjoyable and get better as the series progresses.  I've read several of the volumes over the last few years but only about the first half of the series and out of order.

Just finished book 2 (144 pages from Usagi 1-6).

UsagiBook2.jpg.c9a3b6042f72aacd6a6b19fd3357784e.jpg

11 hours ago, Raze said:

@DavidTheDavid I heard the Hawkman is good right now? What do you think? I havent read any.

I’ve enjoyed it. The whole series is built around him wrestling with his past as a World Eater. Now, he’s got a case of the BMWL virus. It’s not an award-winning run, but it’s solid superhero fare.

11 hours ago, NoMan said:

I always say I’m going to give Love And Rockets a look, but I never get around to it. 

It’s gotta be good. Been around forever Just don’t know where to start. 

It's superb.

I prefer the Jaime Hernandez material.  Gilbert's later stories get a bit dark at times for me.

I have many of the issues as physical copies, but I also have a complete run of Jaime's digital collections as well.

This is great motivation to start reading through my pile this year.    That being said, here are issues 1-9 of 2020

i really enjoyed Last Knight on Earth as the Snyder Capullo team Has been one of my favorites in recent history.

In the same vein, I’ve really been digging the Dark Multiverse titles.   I’ve always been a What if? And Elseworlds fan so this has done a good job of scratching the itch.

I also enjoyed the Brave and the Bold mini.   It took forever to find issue #2 and in the end I paid way over cover for it in an auction, but I’m glad I finally grabbed it.   It was a fun series, though Batman really didn’t work in some places as it felt better as a Wonder Woman tale.  I guess they needed the great detective to unravel the case, but I can’t really complain.  One other thing to note was the art.  It really grabbed me and fit well with the story.  

thanks again for a great idea.  Hopefully I can keep up with this project.

969B9E4B-E1AC-4BF9-986D-145793E8F238.jpeg