• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2020
1 1

670 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cgcsketcherz said:

How does it compare to the Mark Waid run a few years ago?

Honestly Ive never read Waids run on DD. Ive heard its good. Ive only read a few DD stories by Leob, Smith, Bendis and Miller so thise are the only ones I know. The Bendis run was awesome thought! I still have it you you have interest. Just send a PM.

59 minutes ago, Raze said:

Honestly Ive never read Waids run on DD. Ive heard its good. Ive only read a few DD stories by Leob, Smith, Bendis and Miller so thise are the only ones I know. The Bendis run was awesome thought! I still have it you you have interest. Just send a PM.

I've ever only read Waid with a small handful of the original series from time to time. Waid's run on DD was really good, I wish he continued it. Thank you for the info. 

3 minutes ago, Raze said:

@DavidTheDavid do you have all the hawkman books? Ive never read a hawkman book should I look into getting a TPB?

I have all of vol 3 so far, all of vol 2 (not worth your time), and most of vol 1.

I've enjoyed it. It's not Eisner material or anything, but it's the best of the different Hawkman series for sure. The art is good. The story is well-written with a tight plot. The hero is very angsty as he struggles with the weight of the atrocities that he committed as a Deathbringer.

#'s 45-50

Star Wars Age of Resistance Heroes TPB collects, Star Wars Age of Resistance- Finn, Poe, Dameron, Rey, Rose Tico, and Star Wars: Age of Resistance Special. 

Really liked the storylines (each hero had a backstory of how they came to the scene plus a bio page.) This is yet another one of the countless Star Wars Series going on through Marvel. One day, I'll make it through my back log!

#'s 51-55

Star Wars Age of Republic Heroes TPB. Collects Star Wars: Age of Republic- Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Got Jinn, and Star Wars: Age of Republic Special.

Have to admit a little disappointed, this is supposed to collect the heroes from the Age of the Republic. Jar-Jar only made a few panels in the last story. Although, he did use a light saber to take out two troopers in one blow! Then....almost took himself out.

I always try to give Jar-Jar the respect he deserves! He has connections after all......

image.png

Edited by cgcsketcherz

#'s 60-64

Star Wars Screaming Citadel TPB Collects: The Screaming Citadel #1, Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #7-8, and Star Wars #31-32

Overall a good read where the villain teams up with the good guys, a dark wookie gets a mind controlling bug in its brain to make it go into a rage, and Han Solo is temporarily king of a mindless planet of brainwashed citizens. My main thing is, this is a cheap shot by Disney. Aphra has her own trades, as does Star Wars, they could have done a few other one shots I feel....

The citizens found out one thing though, "Let the Wookie win!"

#'s 65-70

Star Wars TPB Out Among The Stars; Collects Star Wars 33-37 & Annual #3

My last post I commented how I thought it was a cheap shot in regards to the Screaming Citadel trade. It wasn't the Star Wars issues in that one were not reprinted in this trade. So people that only collect/read by trades weren't forced to rebuy the material a second time! 

Love the story, starts off with R2D2 going rogue (after a Chewbacca upgrade), and taking out single handedly a dozen Storm Trooper troops on an Imperial Star Ship and when flying away, attempts to take out Vader as well. Can't imagine what would happen if you give the little guy expresso!

#'s 71-75

Star Wars Mace Windu Jedi of the Republic TPB (One of the well lost count of Star Wars miniseries out there.)

The story was pretty good, the art however was not like some of the other Star Wars series. Main background, the republic took over a planet to take their flowers/plants as a new energy source. In a flashback scene Mace as a Padawan was brought to a planet where a imposter Jedi tried to take advantage of serious health crisis.

#'s 76-81

Scooby Doo Team Up Volume 2 TPB Collects Issues 7-12.

Really wished, that they didn't cancel this series after issue 50. It was a good kid friendly series, and reminded me a little of the 1970's series of team ups.

Scooby and the gang teamed up with the Flintstones, Jetsons, Johnny Quest, Secret Squirrel, Superman, & Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy. Beggars can't be choosers though. I remember that originally it was supposed to be a couple issue mini series until the person throwing the pitch admitted they had additional storylines ready to go.

#'s 82-87

Scooby Doo Team Up TPB #3 Collects Scooby Doo Team Up #'s 13-18.

Scooby Doo and the gang teamed up with; The Specter and Deadman (Shaggy and Scooby got possessed by superhero ghosts), Aquaman, Flash, Marvel Family/Shazam, Hawkman/Hawkgirl, and several decades worth of superhero dogs. 

Just wish the series wasn't cancelled....