• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2020
1 1

670 posts in this topic

#'s 82-87

Scooby Doo Team Up TPB Volume 4 Collects Scooby Doo Team Up issues #19-24

Scooby and the gang teamed up with; Zatanna, Space Ghost, Harley Quinn (only ever issue of Scooby Doo to go to a second printing just wish the cover wasn't just changed a different color shade for the second printing and actually have someone draw a new cover), Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles, Quickdraw McGraw and Ricochet rabbit, and finally Martian Manhunter. 

Edited by cgcsketcherz

134-144

Daredevil 185-191, 219, What if? 28, Love and War.

WOW all 3 of these TPBs are great!! I can see why most everybody thinks they are great! The stories the characters everything was just top-notch I really loved all three and highly recommend everyone to read them!

One issue did stand up to me the most daredevil 191. Really great story of Russian roulette Between daredevil and Bullseye but with a twist.

12A99996-7B48-401E-BA9D-03E8073EE51D.jpeg

235-275

Finally has time to dive into this beast and I’m glad I did.  My wife and kids gave me my birthday to read and relax so I powered through this.   Really fun run amd awesome use of second (and third) tier heroes.  My twelve year old is going to read it best and I fully anticipate him cracking up about it

if you love fun comics, try to pick this up and give it a read.   

B6ACA7F4-2D04-48A9-A5F8-E97D79C87FF4.jpeg

10 hours ago, Raze said:

145-150

Basketful of Heads 1-6

Horror, Comedy, mystery all in one!! I highly recommend this...but it ends with issue 7...which wont come out til the industry comes back.

image.jpg

Sounds great.  I'll have to keep my eyes out for it once life returns to some semblance of normal.

4 hours ago, paperheart said:

155-180 (scraping the bottom of the barrel)

Prophet 21-31,33 (if i read something worse this year i'd be shocked)

Lobo Fragtastic Voyage (luv the main man)

Steed & Mrs. Peel #1-3 (weak Morrison)

JLA Gatekeeper #1-3 (so bad)

Sounds like a slog.   I'm sure you can find worse than Prophet though.  We are only a quarter way through this year.

151-156

Catwoman 16-21

These are a fun read! The whole series has been fun. There is action, suspense, action, mystery, action and awesome art!

If you havent read any of Joelle Jones work you should! Her Ladykiller for dark Horse Comics is amazing! And her run here on Catwoman is great!

Plus Joelle Jones is a woman that writes and does great artwork, but yet no one talks about her! I dont know why...

image.jpg

Progress: 98/1,000

• Tales of Terror #1
  • Tales of Horror #1-13
  • The Black Knight #1
  • Eerie (1947)

Not not my cup o' tea, but I was hoping for longer stories. I adore the PCH artwork. The off coloring was charming and added to the history of the issues. None of them were as - gruesome? - as I was hoping for (being Pre-Code). I had to keep reminding myself that they were printed in the '50s (dating 1790 as "120 years ago"). The story-telling and dialogue was fine. Actually, better than most super/hero stuff of the Golden Age.

I'm just glad to have some time and motivation to read again.

The Vault of Sham (Sham Comics 5)

Pretty funny! I thought it was just reprints but they are not!!

From mycomicshop.com

Did you ever wonder what happens when copyrights run out? In this case, it means irreverent cartoonist, Tim Fuller, can take public domain funny books from the 40s and 50s and rewrite them with hilarious results. New stories for you, the hip, cynical reader. (You know who you are.)

D4C95488-58EC-4088-B2BF-E44730C84947.jpeg

DC presents 29

Recommended by @Readcomix and purchased from @loboagain The main superman/spectre story was good I liked it a lot. Superman flies so fast and breaks all these different barriers that spectre has to intervene Before he flies in to heaven! Fun story thanks Gene!!!

image.jpg

Glad to hear you liked it @Raze Some underrated Starlin DC work there, introducing Mongul into the Superman mythos.

I haven't been counting, but I'm into the second volume of Preacher TPB's and I'm liking it. Also so far this year: the full run of Black Monday Murders (cant recommend it enough), first two volumes of Saga (grew on me) and a couple volumes of Fables (Willingham never disappoints: I still miss the Elementals!)

15 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Glad to hear you liked it @Raze Some underrated Starlin DC work there, introducing Mongul into the Superman mythos.

I haven't been counting, but I'm into the second volume of Preacher TPB's and I'm liking it. Also so far this year: the full run of Black Monday Murders (cant recommend it enough), first two volumes of Saga (grew on me) and a couple volumes of Fables (Willingham never disappoints: I still miss the Elementals!)

Fables is great!!! And Black Monday Murders was great as well, Ive only read 1-4 but Im going to read all 8 next month or sooner. Preacher was definitely a fun read as well.