• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2020
1 1

670 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2020 at 7:50 PM, Raze said:

Can I please get a consensus vote from (OP has the grand ruling!!!)

@AlexH @DavidTheDavid @Talapas1 @Norinn Radd @Ken Aldred @theCapraAegagrus @s-man

1) Im going to read a GA book that is 52 pages. Does this count as 1 or 2 books? Only asking because @AlexH said standard 22 page.

2) Im also wanting to read a copper series Invasion 1-3, but all 3 books are 80 pages apiece. So is that 1 book? Or 4 books? Meaning if I read 1-3 is that 12 books or 3 books toward my total count?

Thanks guys I just want to be fair!

1.) I'd count it as one book.   

2.) That is three books if I was counting.  

That being said, this is for fun.  No one is competing so feel free to count them as you like I suppose.  If you use the standard 22 pages, I doubt anyone is going to call the fun police on you.  lol

Hope this helps.

Chris

#'s 103-108

Star Wars Han Solo Imperial Cadet TPB:

Collects Star Wars: Han Solo- Imperial Cadet #'s 1-5 & Star Wars: Beckett

The Solo stories really seemed to peg the true Han Solo attitude known for in the original trilogy. The art was great as well. 

Beckett was interesting, not as good as the character Han Solo but he seemed to get himself into and out of trouble.

#'s 109-115

Star Wars Poe Dameron Legend Lost TPB #3

Getting closer to having the trade paperback box going to just filled and not filled with a pile on top of the box! (Still quite a bit to go.....before I make it to the actual box.)

Brilliant art with a great storyline. Poe and his squad trying to bring a traitor amongst the resistance back to trial only for the traitor to return for one last mission of redemption. 

#’s 116-130

Star Wars Darth Maul TPB

Collects Darth Maul #’s 1-5. Story and art go hand in hand. Darth Maul is out for blood lust as he teams up with a group of bounty hunters to raid the auctioning of a Jedi Padawan. 

I noticed something though, why does every Star Wars trade always make a reference to mining on a certain planet?

Star Wars Tie Fighter TPB

Collects Star Wars: Tie Fighter #’s 1-5.

The plot is really good. Tie fighters in a relationship? Never saw that coming but, did see gasp another big storyline about a mining operation. Great art to go with the story. 

Star Wars Age of Rebellion Villains

Collects Star Wars: Age of Rebellion- Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Jabba the Hutt, Grand Moff Tarkin, & Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Special.

LOVE the backstories of the villains. Never thought I’d see a story where the backstory was starting a major battle over wine? Then again, Jabba did like his food and drink.  

Vader denies an order from a governor bureaucrat and has to follow his every order by the emperor. Vader is not a happy camper. The bureaucrat keeps putting Vader through missions he is not expected to survive…..but he is Vader after all. He may come back literally smoking in his wardrobe, but he will get through it. 

IG-88 the droid bounty hunter that doesn’t collect the bounties just kills was the last tale. The droid definitely doesn’t like humans. The art on the page where it gives some background makes me wonder…. did the artist try to make Yoda look like Dobby the House Elf in green? But older....

870…..

20200418_125950.jpg

Edited by cgcsketcherz

On 1/5/2020 at 7:16 PM, Norinn Radd said:

I've just started a new reading project on 1/1/20.  I am reading Usagi Yojimbo from start to current.  I'm a big Usagi fan but I've only read the earliest stories before now.

Just finished book 1 (144 pages of stories from Albedo, Critters, Doomsday Squad, and the Usagi Yojimbo Summer Special).

UsagiBook1.jpg.3a808ea61f53ccf51892282ff557a12d.jpg

On 1/6/2020 at 8:39 PM, Norinn Radd said:

Like I said, I'm a big Usagi fan.  The art and stories are enjoyable and get better as the series progresses.  I've read several of the volumes over the last few years but only about the first half of the series and out of order.

Just finished book 2 (144 pages from Usagi 1-6).

UsagiBook2.jpg.c9a3b6042f72aacd6a6b19fd3357784e.jpg

On 1/10/2020 at 8:43 PM, Norinn Radd said:

Finished book 3 (146 pages from Usagi 7-12 plus Turtle Soup 1).  The artwork starts to get very detailed in this volume especially the story with the first appearance of Jei (on the cover).  Beautiful line art.

UsagiBook3.jpg.8fcae70308fadc046fb66991656a4a78.jpg

22 pages equal 1 book.  So far you have read 13 books.

9 hours ago, JollyComics said:

22 pages equal 1 book.  So far you have read 13 books.

16 books earlier post say tpb's you count individual stories inside as 1 each.

#1)  Albedo Critters

#2) Doomsday Squad

#3) Usagi Summer Special

#4) Usagi #1

#5) Usagi #2

#6) Usagi #3

#7) Usagi #4

#8) Usagi #5

#9) Usagi #6

#10) Usagi #7

#11) Usagi #8

#12) Usagi #9

#13) Usagi #10

#14) Usagi #11

#15) Usagi #12

#16) Turtle Soup #1

A annual book is larger than 22 pages but I think it only counts as 1 book.

3 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

16 books earlier post say tpb's you count individual stories inside as 1 each.

#1)  Albedo Critters

#2) Doomsday Squad

#3) Usagi Summer Special

#4) Usagi #1

#5) Usagi #2

#6) Usagi #3

#7) Usagi #4

#8) Usagi #5

#9) Usagi #6

#10) Usagi #7

#11) Usagi #8

#12) Usagi #9

#13) Usagi #10

#14) Usagi #11

#15) Usagi #12

#16) Turtle Soup #1

A annual book is larger than 22 pages but I think it only counts as 1 book.

I never read them and should try this one - Available at Target

Pardon my ignorance - I would like read it from the beginning of Usagi.

#'s 137-143

Star Wars Poe Dameron TPB Volume 4: Legend Found collects issues #20-25 & Annual #1

Great plot line and the art was fantastic. The art in the annual changed though between styles which I am not the biggest fan of. Loved how Leia uses clothing as the main plot point to smuggle a prisoner out of prison! 

Can't believe this is my 100th post overall already.

#'s 144-147

Archie VS. Predator Hard Cover: Collects Archie Vs. Predator Issues #1-4

A little darker than my usual taste, but I usually try to get the Archie team up stories. The hardcover was only $5 at Garden State Comic Fest last summer (still shrink-wrapped), and Fernando Ruiz was present......

He signed it and added a Archie remark without asking! I'll have to make it up by getting a home commission sometime this summer if he is open for them.

Betty gets embarrassed so she swears vengeance on a few people with a cursed Jaguar Dagger, and well Predator comes to play.  

image.png.76dc96973c3640d610dc508d8628b619.png

#148-153

Scooby Doo Team-Up TPB. Volume #5: Collects Scooby Doo Team Up #'s 25-30

May sound like a broken record, but really wish that this series wasn't cancelled. 

#25 Scooby and the gang team up with Green Arrow and Green Lantern. Two different ghost/villain plot lines in the same story, but still a good read.

#26 Scooby and the gang team up with Hong Kong Phooey. Probably one of my all-time favorite team ups in the series. Classic Hong Kong Phooey, but Phooey actually admitted he isn't aiming to make contact during his karate!

#27 Scooby and the gang team up with Plastic Man and his sidekick Woozy. Been a while since you see a story involving a fortune teller. Pretty decent story, love the art.

#28 Fred is reading a journal from his ancestor a few generations back and the gang pretend they are in the old west.

#29 Scooby and the gang team up with Top Cat and his cats. Interesting plot with a whole bunch of individuals taking over the role of ghost for different reasons.

#30 Scooby and the gang team up with Challengers of the Unknown and a whole lot of other (groups of organized meddling kids/mystery solvers) show up on just about every page to page and a half. Liked the art better than the plot.

#'s 154-159

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 1 TPB

Collects Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles miniseries #'s 1-6.

Williams art style is in a league all its own. I love his version of both Batman, Commissioner Gordon, as well as Master Splinter. I know there is a third series currently out there, but why can't they just have it be an ongoing series? There certainly is enough villains in both story arcs to sustain it. 

#'s 160-165

Scooby Doo Team Up TPB Volume 1: Collects Scooby Doo Team Up Issues #1-6

Anybody else feel nostalgic for comics or trade paperbacks where the paper is actual paper and not glossy photo quality paper? This is one of those rare trades that actually has paper!

Scooby Doo Team Up #'s 1-3

Various Scooby Doo teaming up with the dynamic duo Batman and Robin. I like how in the one story, Scooby has to step it up and become a masked hero alongside Batman's pet dog. Plus, they have to take on bat mite!

Scooby Doo Team Up #4

Scooby and the gang team up with the Teen Titans. Robin and Cyborg happen to be the ghost as they prank one another, and Raven's annoying uncle tris to take on the world of real estate.

Scooby Doo Team Up #5 

Scooby and the gang help out Wonder Woman and a minor god tries to break the power of the Amazons by getting a man to step on the island. Luckily, Shaggy fell on his rear end and his feet Never touched the ground.

Scooby Doo Team Up #6

Scooby and the gang team up to help the Justice League, and the seven ghosts which happen to be the Legion of Doom!

Love all the stories and the art by Dario Brizuela! So want to meet Dario one day, Dario Brizuela is on my Scooby Bucket List for a Scooby commission.