• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2020
1 1

670 posts in this topic

Issues 10-25

I really like the original Gotg team so was excited to read this run.   Pretty bummed as I finished on a cliffhanger and don’t have the next issue.   I enjoyed this and can’t wait to finish up the series.  

Heroes in Crisis.  I can’t say more than what some people have already said.   It was hit and miss for me.  I hate the power creeping Harley and the killing of characters in a way that doesn’t really have much emotional impact.   It was a story with some potential, it just missed the mark 

4D9703DC-7629-4BD7-85F3-CC9296F0797E.jpeg

FFFDCBA3-2DFE-4716-9EC4-EB92F7455831.jpeg

On 1/10/2020 at 7:38 AM, Ken Aldred said:

It's superb.

I prefer the Jaime Hernandez material.  Gilbert's later stories get a bit dark at times for me.

I have many of the issues as physical copies, but I also have a complete run of Jaime's digital collections as well.

good jumping in book/comic?

Superman 201 - Clark Kent leaves earth because he felt like he killed someone while trying to protect him, and felt that he almost killed Lois Lane while protecting her as well. So he leaves to another planet with a red Son so he loses all of his powers and tries to live life without powers.

recommended by @kav

in this thread 

3BE9C5D0-2838-4C6E-9C1D-2CC8CDF481B4.jpeg

Edited by Raze
Added pic...for proof! Haha

29-32

No picture for this one.   I just read Death of X 1-4.   The last X-men titles I read were Bendis's run, so it's been a while.   I haven't been a fan of Cyclops since the AvX stuff, and it carries on here.   The X-Men, and Cyclops in particular used to be my favorite reads, but so much stuff has gone on with them that I am pretty lost as to where they stand and frankly am still lost on some of their storylines now.   I guess this is why I like this 1000 reads challenge, because it's giving me some incentive to try and get caught up on the status of the MCU.  If ayone has some good X-men runs that they can recommend that I check out post 2015, I'd appreciate it.

26-37

I really liked Wonder Woman and Conan.  Felt like a Conan story with WW costarring, though Gail wrote Conan a bit more ariculate than I am used to.  

batman Widening Gyre was a nice read.   Very Kevin Smithy, but I enjoyed the story telling.   Unfortunately I didn’t realize this was volume 1.  Now I have to hunt down the next volume because I hate cliffhangers.

23667C88-4BF3-49B9-ADEB-5810E0644336.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Talapas1 said:

26-37

I really liked Wonder Woman and Conan.  Felt like a Conan story with WW costarring, though Gail wrote Conan a bit more ariculate than I am used to.  

batman Widening Gyre was a nice read.   Very Kevin Smithy, but I enjoyed the story telling.   Unfortunately I didn’t realize this was volume 1.  Now I have to hunt down the next volume because I hate cliffhangers.

23667C88-4BF3-49B9-ADEB-5810E0644336.jpeg

I loved  widening gyre as well but....it is a chilffhanger...thats the end there is NO vol 2...as of now

42-51

Cowboy Ninja Viking 1-10 TPB

I saw this when it first came out and thought it would be a fun read...that was years ago.

Then got it at a LCS last year and didnt read it. Then this thread got me reading and I pulled it off the shelf! Finally!...And it was ok. I think the concept was cool but I dont think I liked the execution of it. But I do like Riley Rossmo’s art!

98FF8F41-BE23-413C-8BAB-B0748BEC00F0.jpeg

Edited by Raze