• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your single best comic?
9 9

150 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, AJD said:

I'll play. This one is pretty near impossible to find and is a great Australian GA comic. I'd keep it long after others were sold.

large.Crimson_Comet_13.jpg.9875ba7ad47f0244cfcd8a329a9da38c.jpg

Love this one but love your Silver Flash more(thumbsu

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

What? This is like naming your favorite child. Naming my “best” comic would involve way to much criteria so I’m backing out of this one and just enjoy everybody else’s “best” books...

This is what you say publicly. But we know that when it’s just you and your Tales of Terror annual #1, you whisper  your undying fidelity in its ear.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:21 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

Beautiful cover. Do you think it might be the only surviving copy? And - are there any known Australian comics that are thought to be extinct?

Hard to say. The scans in the GCD and Austreprints are both this copy and I've never seen another. But who knows what's in collections? There are plenty of "white spaces" in Australian cover galleries but copies of the missing issues pop up from time to time. But I'd hazard a guess that there are many Australian GA comics with a population in single figures.

6 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

This cover is so inconsistent with anything else DC was putting out at the time, it's hard to believe it's from the same publisher.  Gary, do you know who the artist was?

6 hours ago, Moondog said:

Action Comics.jpg

Wasn't there a rumor that that cover was used for the unseen Double Action no. 1?

16 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

This cover is so inconsistent with anything else DC was putting out at the time, it's hard to believe it's from the same publisher.  Gary, do you know who the artist was?

Gary can correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's a scrapped cover to Detective 2 by Flessel. I think it was scrapped for exactly the reason you pointed out. Too gruesome.

I, of course, absolutely love it.

Edited by october