• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your single best comic?
9 9

150 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Hands down locked and loaded 100% this is my absolute favorite book!! It checks off just about every box for me.

Hero/horror cover mashup - check

graveyard scene like Speed 18 and Blue Ribbon 19 I which I just so happened to make a wtb thread tonight haha - check

Red, White, and Blue clad hero - check

Large logo (one of the coolest ever imo) - check

Moon cover - check

Skulls and monsters/witches - check

bondage - check

hyponeedle - check

Red dressed blonde in distress - check

Ultra Tough to find - check

Berk liked it enough to keep his copy 😊 (i may have made that one up but I like to believe) - check

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761

D0516F52-B37D-4BFC-BDAA-96854DD2BC9D.jpeg

Checks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned also. 

Great buy and perfect selection!:headbang:

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 10:14 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

This is my favorite comic in my collection right now. I will follow it up with my close second.  I’ve had over half the copies in the census, including highest and second highest graded, but this book always gives me the Warm feeling the cover implies. 

784EBAA3-0832-437B-A5E9-6E08662B7480.jpeg

:whatthe: It's been a long time since I have seen true love like that in any relationship :takeit:

Edited by woowoo

13 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

Is this golden age?  1955?  If so, this one.

123.thumb.jpg.aef1e0037b01c4e49b4df7c3f2efba5f.jpg

I think technically Silver Age didn't begin until Showcase 4, cover dated October 1956.  So presumably anything before that might be considered Golden Age.  I'm sure there will be other opinions, LOL.

2 hours ago, N e r V said:

Since price, scarcity, etc... is out the window I’d say these 2 (sorry, it’s a tie here)  I’ve usually had copies in my collection due to their beauty/horror elements. Still my favorite Everett cover on Venus. The Misfits connection also helps the Chamber book. 

E5BCC88F-4AE5-4F9E-BE29-A5D7DA2D961F.jpeg.4c71aeead3034f7c400078b01e4a1c05.jpeg

3AF5594A-2009-467D-8256-BD723E0C1C6E.thumb.jpeg.f8a261601dbba8055f769074664ec3b6.jpeg

Both beauties and books I’ve never owned. I waited too long thinking I would always be able to get them. That ship has probably sailed leaving a couple gaping holes in my PCH collection..,

20 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Hands down locked and loaded 100% this is my absolute favorite book!! It checks off just about every box for me.

Hero/horror cover mashup - check

graveyard scene like Speed 18 and Blue Ribbon 19 I which I just so happened to make a wtb thread tonight haha - check

Red, White, and Blue clad hero - check

Large logo (one of the coolest ever imo) - check

Moon cover - check

Skulls and monsters/witches - check

bondage - check

hyponeedle - check

Red dressed blonde in distress - check

Ultra Tough to find - check

Berk liked it enough to keep his copy 😊 (i may have made that one up but I like to believe) - check

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761

D0516F52-B37D-4BFC-BDAA-96854DD2BC9D.jpeg

Never get tired of that one Gino! The skull “noise maker” is also a nice touch. I don’t think I have ever seen a copy for sale, ever...

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Both beauties and books I’ve never owned. I waited too long thinking I would always be able to get them. That ship has probably sailed leaving a couple gaping holes in my PCH collection..,

Since there’s a thread now on what to do with your books when you die I’ll add you in my will for both...:baiting:

Just don’t try to poison me or cut my brake lines to speed things up...:devil:

17 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Never get tired of that one Gino! The skull “noise maker” is also a nice touch. I don’t think I have ever seen a copy for sale, ever...

You heard it hear folks!! When the seasoned sophisticated worldly-wise RM says it rare we know it’s rare!!! Thanks partner!!!