• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your single best comic?
9 9

150 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Timely said:

Best in grade: Zip #20

Best in value: MMC #46

Best in sentimental value: Catman #28

catman28MH.jpg

Marvel46.jpg

zip20.jpg

These books are just stunning man!!! I know you have multiple copies of the Catman what’s the story again behind the sentimental value curious minds want to know!! Great book. That Zip and MMC are just insane though!! 

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:
On 1/5/2020 at 2:43 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

D0516F52-B37D-4BFC-BDAA-96854DD2BC9D.jpeg

Never get tired of that one Gino! The skull “noise maker” is also a nice touch. I don’t think I have ever seen a copy for sale, ever...

Noise maker or 3 ball flail made from a skull? Hard to tell, but an absolutely amazing cover regardless!

37 minutes ago, Badger said:

This my best signed book ( i only have 2, lol!) Still, I've received some incredible offers on it and I've turned them down. One offer was high enough that it made me go hm but my wife said absolutely no way! Surprised me but she was there when I got it signed and she really liked Stan Lee during our interaction. Somewhere I have a picture of us and Stan Lee where he has his arm around my wife's waist and I'm the third-wheel! :roflmao:

CA_27_CGC_Front.thumb.jpg.8a97ae6f1c584319075655e177d5c6eb.jpg

You have a wise wife keep it in the death do us part pile (thumbsu

5 hours ago, Timely said:

When the Gerber Guide came out I saw the Catman #28 in there, it was cool but the colors seem dull & muted.  When I saw a copy first hand and saw how TRULY awesome the cover colors were I was hooked!  I also chased the MH copy for about 20 years! In college I spent about 22-26 hours recreating the cover with india ink.  I guess those 3 things make it memorable to me.

that’s a ^^ if you ask me!!!!! How awesome man thanks for sharing!!  

Mask 1 and 2 are just an explosion of color and creative work by Cole.Both have been treasured by me for sometime but i still can't commit to one favorite at this point.The value they gathered is just the demand the classic covers are having at this time in all genres.

17 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

It's not my favorite Sensation cover, but I'm sentimental about the fact that it's an Okajima camp book AND  a Wonder Woman.

I have too many favorites, but the ones I'd hate to part with are books I bought from or got as  gifts from friends. 

128648316_sensation30cgcokajima.jpg.8284860800387fd9226874b2ecb4070b.jpg

Both good reasons. A pretty book Sharon! I rarely see any Wonder Woman Okajimas. Might be the first one.

38 minutes ago, burntboy said:

Great backstory Sharon and a lovely copy to boot...

I loved this thread so much, I got excited and posted My fave in the wrong thread.

So I’ll try again here with an unenhanced photo from My IPad.

I picked this as my new fave based on it’s remarkable breakout this past year.

721CED2D-DFF3-4AE6-A710-DF9FC247549C.jpeg

Pretty copy! Although classic and seemingly VERY popular right now, not MY favorite cover in my collection. In fact, personally I like #2 a little better.

commask2a.jpg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Pretty copy! Although classic and seemingly VERY popular right now, not MY favorite cover in my collection. In fact, personally I like #2 a little better.

commask2a.jpg

Can’t argue that point - they are both awesome covers.   But I kinda like the “moth to the flame” theme on # 1...