• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your single best comic?
9 9

150 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2020 at 5:26 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I guess this is mine, at least until my willpower breaks and I decide to sell it (been tempted, just waiting for the right offer and mood to strike me)

a3GmM0a.thumb.jpg.82be16dc5c7d92e8d72036b3fc140c55.jpg

On 1/5/2020 at 9:23 PM, comicnoir said:

Whoa! Nice 4.5!

37 minutes ago, The-Collector said:

Thats a great looking 4.5!

Being that it’s a file copy I’m guessing that’s why it looks good from the outside. Is there some interior or back cover issues to hammer it down?

2 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

"Decide your own criteria - desirability, dollar value, sentiment, rarity, unicorn status, some or all of those and/or other factors - but there can be only one!"

I think this one fits most of these. (thumbsu 

The colors are washed out on this scan for some reason, looks better in hand.

Adventure_27.thumb.jpg.e89b04a0a9140a643

Man, that is cool! B|

17 hours ago, N e r V said:

Being that it’s a file copy I’m guessing that’s why it looks good from the outside. Is there some interior or back cover issues to hammer it down?

Back cover looks just as nice...except for a rust stain. The problem with this book is that the staples rusted and stained the area just around them, however this stain has not migrated further since I bought it almost 10 years ago...but the damage is done unfortunately and thus capped out at 4.5 grade. But to be honest, I'm happier to have this flaw if it means I get to have such a beautiful presenting cover that gives even other copies twice its grade a run for their money :D

chamber2.jpg.5c30d786575e2dbbafe110b31485de47.jpg.190b23cc17b537bda4b5c6e4113e183a.jpg

2 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Super hard to single out a book...:|

Extremely, I agree! What made it difficult for me is the fact that most new pick ups are my current favorites. As RM said, “It’s like picking your favorite kid!” After looking over the books I have these two kept jumping out at me. The Spellbound kind of surprised me a bit!

53 minutes ago, buttock said:

Are you sure that's your book? 

:tonofbricks:

I'm an idjit! I just pulled mine from the box and it's not. doh!

I'll post a new scan tomorrow, I grabbed the scan from my computer and thought it was. I've had several over the years that I've sold, but maybe this was an internet scan I grabbed long ago?

Okay, I've put on my straw boater and I'm changing my name to Doofus. I've just posted a scan of the correct Spellbound #17, the one that belongs to me. I initially posted an old scan on the computer that I probably pulled from the boards a decade ago. :shy:

Doofus.jpg