• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your single best comic?
9 9

150 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

This cover is so inconsistent with anything else DC was putting out at the time, it's hard to believe it's from the same publisher.  Gary, do you know who the artist was?

12 minutes ago, october said:

Gary can correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's a scrapped cover to Detective 2 by Flessel. I think it was scrapped for exactly the reason you pointed out. Too gruesome.

I, of course, absolutely love it.

I recall this cover being attributed to Flessel, but now that I really look at the lines it makes me lean towards O'Mealia.  Cross reference the Action 3 Captain's uniform against the robes of this hunchback.

By the way, NOT Double Action (I don't own these - only a jpeg).

Double Action Comicconnect Dec 2016.jpg

21 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

This cover is so inconsistent with anything else DC was putting out at the time, it's hard to believe it's from the same publisher.  Gary, do you know who the artist was?

Flessel.  I have a recreation he did for me too.

4 hours ago, october said:

Gary can correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's a scrapped cover to Detective 2 by Flessel. I think it was scrapped for exactly the reason you pointed out. Too gruesome.

I, of course, absolutely love it.

Andy's correct.  The story was that it was too gruesome.

42 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

silverstreak6.jpg

..I kept saying to myself, one guy who probably won't participate here is Mr. B. I mean, how could he with SO many out of this world books that could qualify for this honor. 

Didn't think you could do it, but wow, what a gem, and super selection indeed sir :golfclap:

22 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This is my favorite comic in my collection right now. I will follow it up with my close second.  I’ve had over half the copies in the census, including highest and second highest graded, but this book always gives me the Warm feeling the cover implies. 

784EBAA3-0832-437B-A5E9-6E08662B7480.jpeg

I always wondered where your avatar came from. Now I know. Thanks.