What is your single best comic?
9 9

150 posts in this topic

18,095 posts
10 hours ago, AJD said:

I'll play. This one is pretty near impossible to find and is a great Australian GA comic. I'd keep it long after others were sold.

large.Crimson_Comet_13.jpg.9875ba7ad47f0244cfcd8a329a9da38c.jpg

Love this one but love your Silver Flash more(thumbsu

6,259 posts
On 1/2/2020 at 11:21 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

Beautiful cover. Do you think it might be the only surviving copy? And - are there any known Australian comics that are thought to be extinct?

Hard to say. The scans in the GCD and Austreprints are both this copy and I've never seen another. But who knows what's in collections? There are plenty of "white spaces" in Australian cover galleries but copies of the missing issues pop up from time to time. But I'd hazard a guess that there are many Australian GA comics with a population in single figures.

1,154 posts
56 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

This book is special in that it was bought off the newsstand and kept all his life. His family had to sell his books to help defray his medical bills when he was elderly. So, I had to buy one from his collection.RAD760E4201956_75312.jpg.e0e8b56b02a4974fb4a7dfe1436b9c7f.jpg

He kept it in nice shape!

2,419 posts
13 minutes ago, Moondog said:

Action Comics.jpg

This cover is so inconsistent with anything else DC was putting out at the time, it's hard to believe it's from the same publisher.  Gary, do you know who the artist was?

626 posts
6 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

This cover is so inconsistent with anything else DC was putting out at the time, it's hard to believe it's from the same publisher.  Gary, do you know who the artist was?

6 hours ago, Moondog said:

Action Comics.jpg

Wasn't there a rumor that that cover was used for the unseen Double Action no. 1?

32,913 posts
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Gary can correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's a scrapped cover to Detective 2 by Flessel. I think it was scrapped for exactly the reason you pointed out. Too gruesome.

I, of course, absolutely love it.

Edited by october

32,913 posts
9 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Wasn't there a rumor that that cover was used for the unseen Double Action no. 1?

Might have been a rumor back when, but Double Action 1 used the cover to Adventure 41.