• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can interior pages be pressed?

9 posts in this topic

Yes, can be pressed and will be flat. Not sure about that ball bearing or pool ball thing. I seriously doubt that CCS has a supply of either in their tool kit. 

But while flat is likely, it looks like the paper shows the effects of getting wet with the gloss to the pages. It looks more matte than glossy. If you turn the page at an angle you'll easily see it. Nothing to be done about that and if sent to be graded CGC would note the moisture damage and grade the book down for it - even if pressed flat and smooth. 

1 hour ago, Tony S said:

Not sure about that ball bearing or pool ball thing. I seriously doubt that CCS has a supply of either in their tool kit. 

+1   :eek: 

If CCS does have a supply of billiard balls or ball bearings in their tool cabinet for pressing, they're probably kept right next to the stiletto high heeled platform shoes. :gossip:

Edited by James J Johnson

On 1/3/2020 at 1:19 AM, Tony S said:

Yes, can be pressed and will be flat. Not sure about that ball bearing or pool ball thing. I seriously doubt that CCS has a supply of either in their tool kit. 

But while flat is likely, it looks like the paper shows the effects of getting wet with the gloss to the pages. It looks more matte than glossy. If you turn the page at an angle you'll easily see it. Nothing to be done about that and if sent to be graded CGC would note the moisture damage and grade the book down for it - even if pressed flat and smooth. 

Oh well I would never use CCS anyway as they are not professional pressers. 

They are commercial run of the mill and go threw the motion ham and eggers.

Only the name and association makes people think they are any good.

My personal experience with them is horrible.

Enough CCS bashing and thank you for your input.

from my limited knowledge yes I believe you could get a good pressor to press the book with cover and the interior pages should flatten in the process.