• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultra Rare? Spider-Man Varaint Otto

47 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, New2This said:

20191222_161744.jpg

20191222_162353.jpg

20191222_161720.jpg

Kind of hard to tell from these pics.  I do see some of the back cover issues common to the book though- colour rubs and a few spine ticks.  But not anywhere near as bad as some others I've seen.  You might be spot on with your 9.0/9.2 estimate.  

Congrats again on the find.  Did the guy have anything else like this in those long boxes?  

-J.

30 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Kind of hard to tell from these pics.  I do see some of the back cover issues common to the book though- colour rubs and a few spine ticks.  But not anywhere near as bad as some others I've seen.  You might be spot on with your 9.0/9.2 estimate.  

Congrats again on the find.  Did the guy have anything else like this in those long boxes?  

-J.

There are some other good one but it looked like he did a little research and took out the good ones (he thought) before selling it to me in bulk. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

31 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

I was thinking about doing just what you said. Packaging it up in video at post office and all the way until it leaves counter with post office worker. Thanks for everything.

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:
5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So all you got is a conversation that only you were witness too? Come on you are smarter then that. 
I think you are the one that is naïve, if you expect all of us to believe that. 

Really I am not as hard lined as others are against you, but your argument for it is really weak.

No.

There is also nearly a decade of established rarity on the secondary market, only a handful of sales and just a few dozen copies ever graded.

My conversation with the Marvel liaison merely confirmed years of what I and others had previously estimated.  

And, with all due respect to you (and no respect to the same career trolls already crawling out of the woodwork here)... I don't care if you believe it, or not.  (thumbsu

Fair enough. I wasn't doubting the book is really hard to find just the exact print run.

13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Fair enough. I wasn't doubting the book is really hard to find just the exact print run.

No one knows the print run on this book. Anyone who is giving you a number is:

1) Woefully misinformed
2) Pushing an agenda
3) Reading uniformed spec sites
4) A combination of all three

The print run on it is quite low. It is - without question - higher than 225. What the actual print run is very low and you've found a very nice book.

When it does not sell on eBay at that price - and I would be extremely surprised if it does - do us all a favor and list it with a starting bid of $0.99 and the reserve of $6,650. There's very little actual data on it and it would be nice to see what the market will go up to on a raw book. I'll pay for the relisting fee just as a point for some more data.

6 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

No one knows the print run on this book. Anyone who is giving you a number is:

1) Woefully misinformed
2) Pushing an agenda
3) Reading uniformed spec sites
4) A combination of all three

The print run on it is quite low. It is - without question - higher than 225. What the actual print run is very low and you've found a very nice book.

Or...

5) Are privy to facts and contacts that you are not.  (thumbsu

-J.

14 minutes ago, Foley said:

:eyeroll:

A better description would have been:

The print run appears to be low for this issue. No one knows the exact number, but one guy on the internet, with a screen name a 12 year old would pick, claims to have an inside source that told him 225 copies were printed. He has provided exactly zero actual evidence of this, but swears it to be true and that's good enough for me.

Hey you,let's fight! >:(:sumo::mad:

Spoiler

giphy.gif Hi mate,happy new uear 🧡🎃😃

18 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

@New2This there is a whole thread on this, in the Modern Section.   Make some popcorn, pour a stiff drink, draw the shades.  It's a better read than War and Peace.  

Having trouble finding it. Would like to read but most of stuff I see is someone shipping out weekly comics. If you can help much apperciated. I use to sell old video games and systems. Buy cheap rehab them to work like new. This is different to say the least, but willing to listen and learn.

Thanks

4 hours ago, New2This said:

Having trouble finding it. Would like to read but most of stuff I see is someone shipping out weekly comics. If you can help much apperciated. I use to sell old video games and systems. Buy cheap rehab them to work like new. This is different to say the least, but willing to listen and learn.

Thanks

Covers Modern Variants, with your aforementioned book, getting a bulk of the attention.

You'll laugh, you will cry, you will shake your fist at the sky, demanding Stan Lee (or possibly Axel Alonso) for answers. 

I take no responsibility for what happens to you, after you wade into this maelstrom.  I will PM you a waiver, to agree as such. 

Saw you've re-listed this at the same (cough!) optimistic price.

Echoing FlyingDonut - when it *still* doesn't sell at that price, please consider listing it at a far lower starting price so we could actually witness some price discovery for a decent raw copy.

26 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Saw you've re-listed this at the same (cough!) optimistic price.

Echoing FlyingDonut - when it *still* doesn't sell at that price, please consider listing it at a far lower starting price so we could actually witness some price discovery for a decent raw copy.

Again, put a reserve on it, but lets try to see what happens.