• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help me grade Captain Marvel Adventures 90
1 1

6 posts in this topic

The person who sold it to me only had scans of the front and sold it as a 7.5. I thought that was fine. But now that I have it in hand and see that missing piece in the back, added to the staple tear for the upper staple, I really doubt that grade. So I wanted to know what you guys thought. Also, the comic does not have a spine roll, the printed part of the cover is simply not aligned.

captain marvel adventures 90 01.jpg

captain marvel adventures 90 02.jpg

On 1/3/2020 at 5:45 PM, Deadpoolica said:

On 1/3/2020 at 7:44 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

5.0 IMO.

Ok thanks. Just as a warning, here is the place I bought it from, claiming it is a VF- (7.5)
https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/captain-marvel-adventures-90-fawcett-publications-1948-condition-vf-/a/121941-13453.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

36 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

depending on when you bought it, you should send heritage a note and express your dissatisfaction.  They might be able to help you out, they might not.  But I don't think it hurts to try,

good luck.

2 minutes ago, revat said:

depending on when you bought it, you should send heritage a note and express your dissatisfaction.  They might be able to help you out, they might not.  But I don't think it hurts to try,

good luck.

That's very kind of you. I did contact them, it's not the first time such a thing happens. It will all work out I am sure. I will probably send the book back and get my money back (minus initial shipping to me). I just wish it didn't happen anymore, you know? It's an embarrassing waste of time for all parties involved that I have to point out something to "america's auction house" that could have been solved if the grader just bothered taking the book out of the bag and board and turning it around.