• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Show Sat. Jan. 18. Great dealer lineup!
2 2

59 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Was Jack Katz signing? I love his old Standard Pubs horror titles!

He wasn’t there to sign - he came specifically to see Liam Sharp! When people started hearing he was there they did ask him to sign some books. Here’s Jack signing a book for Ted at Superworld. I think he may do our next show as a guest artist. We’ll keep you posted.

17034D40-7921-43C4-A6D8-EE2E01102EE4.thumb.jpeg.b4cd02ddd68f2a0c65bdb4c99dae3336.jpegEFCF1103-F105-4439-9238-EAE390D4F55A.thumb.jpeg.82ba89a76ce00db136403b12f88f2157.jpeg

It was great catching up with everyone, as I had missed the last 3 cons. Picked up a few books for my BA "firsts" collection. Got a better focus on what I wanted to collect and in general had a blast. A great old time real life comic book con!

I am planning to go to smaller comic events, if the promoters don't panic and cancel them.
Emerald City Comic convention was cancelled, due to fear of virus spread.
My thoughts about many larger Conventions were they have become Pop culture shows rather than Comic Cons.
    I had, even before all this panic, decided to set-up at more and more small comic focused shows.
This April I will set up for the first time at the Berkeley Comic Show preceded by the San Fernando Valley Comic Book show.
this is my show schedule for the near future and they are all smaller shows.
  San Fernando Valley Comic Book Convention: 22nd March at the Valencia Hyatt Regency, Valencia, CA.

Berkeley Comic Show: April 4th at the Berkeley Adult School, Berkeley, CA.

I Wonder Con : April 7 -8th at the Comic Book Hideout, Fullerton, CA. Alternative to WonderCon!

Philadelphia Comic Convention: Sunday April 19th at the Clarion Hotel Conference Center, in Essington, PA.

Little Giant Comics Old School Comic Show: April 25th at the Everett Arena in Concord, NH

If you are brave enough to attend one of these and have some wants please let me know.

I have over 60,000 comics in inventory at Terry's Comics.
 I will only have a few boxes of my inventory at most of these events so please give me requests.

Best Regards                            
                Terry O'Neill                                 
                   Terry's Comics

TC_logo_2015_504px.jpg.2337244da634176d2db894806c9828bb.jpg

Edited by TerrysComics
bad link, date correction

5 hours ago, TerrysComics said:

I am planning to go to smaller comic events, if the promoters don't panic and cancel them.
Emerald City Comic convention was cancelled, due to fear of virus spread.
My thoughts about many larger Conventions were they have become Pop culture shows rather than Comic Cons.
    I had, even before all this panic, decided to set-up at more and more small comic focused shows.
This April I will set up for the first time at the Berkeley Comic Show preceded by the San Fernando Valley Comic Book show.
this is my show schedule for the near future and they are all smaller shows.
  San Fernando Valley Comic Book Convention: 22nd March at the Valencia Hyatt Regency, Valencia, CA.

Berkeley Comic Show: April 4th at the Berkeley Adult School, Berkeley, CA.

I Wonder Con : April 7 -8th at the Comic Book Hideout, Fullerton, CA. Alternative to WonderCon!

Philadelphia Comic Convention: Sunday April 19th at the Clarion Hotel Conference Center, in Essington, PA.

Little Giant Comics Old School Comic Show: April 25th at the Everett Arena in Concord, NH

If you are brave enough to attend one of these and have some wants please let me know.

I have over 60,000 comics in inventory at Terry's Comics.
 I will only have a few boxes of my inventory at most of these events so please give me requests.

Best Regards                            
                Terry O'Neill                                 
                   Terry's Comics

TC_logo_2015_504px.jpg.2337244da634176d2db894806c9828bb.jpg

Good luck with that schedule Terry. I wouldn't count on the SF Valley Con or probably Berkley. The state is going to shut them down if they haven't already. Out of state, I don't know about. Everybody is shutting down and they should until this thing gets under control. I predict ebay and the boards are going to be pounded with some nice material very soon.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Good luck with that schedule Terry. I wouldn't count on the SF Valley Con or probably Berkley. The state is going to shut them down if they haven't already. Out of state, I don't know about. Everybody is shutting down and they should until this thing gets under control. I predict ebay and the boards are going to be pounded with some nice material very soon.

I am very optimistic that the State ( whoever that is ) does not have the ability to shut down small gatherings.

If they did, Mall and large shopping centers would have to close as well, the economic cost would be substantial.

Not to mention Church, Synagogue, Weddings and other religious gatherings, really doubt we live in that society yet.

30 minutes ago, TerrysComics said:

I am very optimistic that the State ( whoever that is ) does not have the ability to shut down small gatherings.

If they did, Mall and large shopping centers would have to close as well, the economic cost would be substantial.

Not to mention Church, Synagogue, Weddings and other religious gatherings, really doubt we live in that society yet.

You didn't see the news confrence this morning I assume. Unneccesary gatherings of over 250 people. The Long Beach flea market for Sunday was postponed. Soon after, WonderCon threw in the towel. More will be on the way in the next month or so. Nobody is happy about it but there need to be some drastic measures taken to clamp this thing before it gets any more out of hand. I don't live in fear and I'm not paranoid either but for the time being, I am avoiding crowds except as needed. I too was going to set up at the SV show and decided against it. Probably low attendence if it goes on at all. Every once in a while, things come along that are more important than money and comic books.

And some times the state or the powers that be need to come along and make us do what we should be doing ourselves. I don't like it but I can live with it for a while.

By the way, a few days after your show, I got one hell of a nasty cold or something. I don't know who I got it from or how but it really sucked...