• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Show Sat. Jan. 18. Great dealer lineup!
2 2

59 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, TerrysComics said:

I am very optimistic that the State ( whoever that is ) does not have the ability to shut down small gatherings.

If they did, Mall and large shopping centers would have to close as well, the economic cost would be substantial.

Not to mention Church, Synagogue, Weddings and other religious gatherings, really doubt we live in that society yet.

https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org/2020/03/11/washington-virginia-dioceses-to-close-all-churches-including-national-cathedral-over-coronavirus/

HI everyone--our April 4 show has been canceled. The school district just shut down all facilities, including the adult school. We hope to reschedule very soon and should still be able to fit four shows in this year. It's going to be interesting--at the moment, UC-Berkeley is supposed to restart classes March 30 and Berkeley Unified on April 6. But it seems like they could extend another month.

9 hours ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

HI everyone--our April 4 show has been canceled. The school district just shut down all facilities, including the adult school. We hope to reschedule very soon and should still be able to fit four shows in this year. It's going to be interesting--at the moment, UC-Berkeley is supposed to restart classes March 30 and Berkeley Unified on April 6. But it seems like they could extend another month.

Marc,

Sorry to hear this, but not unexpected.  You always run a first class show.

21 hours ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

I was fearing this but it gives more time to sock away spending moolah! And to further research the individual books I should add to my list.

I am really enjoying the new direction of collecting and the Berkeley Con is really responsible for redirecting and reinvigorating my collecting

Yee Ha.

Edited by PovertyRow
Sake

Would like to know what dates you will figure out to have your show this year. As that will give me more time to squirrel away more loonies.

It seems with the coronavirus as the biggest reason in cancelling a lot of major and smaller comic cons in the months from February to April all over U.S. and Canada. With CDC telling to cancel any events with 250 or 50 people gathering. This is creating within collectors a pent-up feeling in not being able to attend a big con. I am feeling a bit. It’s the geek sense in us ... I want go to a big or small show to rejoice for the fun.

The longer the collectors have to hold back, until the crisis is calmed and go back to normal, the shows going to be hosted later this year... will for sure be crazy! 

On 3/16/2020 at 11:53 AM, HouseofComics.Com said:

Late May or sometime in June is the best guess for the next one and hopefully our usual shows the first weekend of August and first of November.

Are you doing the show in June Marc? or Next month in July? #grandmaster