• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Story I've Always Wanted to Share . . . DC offices, Midtown Manhattan, Late Spring of 1987
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Great story! That must of been a great experience and even though your in law now, at least you have this awesome, fun and cool story to remember of when you interned at DC. :headbang:

11 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

This story is one of the best things to happen in Comics General in a while.

8 hours ago, Krismusic said:

Great story! That must of been a great experience and even though your in law now, at least you have this awesome, fun and cool story to remember of when you interned at DC. :headbang:

Thanks.  Yeah, it really was a nerdy comic kid's dream.  Even though it was 30 years ago, the memory still makes me happy.  Meeting comic legends, softball games in Central Park against Marvel (followed by being treated to hamburgers and beers by the editors), the free comics, being able to pull books from DC's comics library (they had mechanized movable stacks like you see in some public library, and every comic DC ever published was in a bound volume -- although I think someone had ripped out and stolen Action Comics #1).