• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting a book with married pages

5 posts in this topic

I will be submitting a book that someone removed the center ad page.

I did find a coverless copy of the same book that I can marry to have a complete book.

I understand it will still be a green label but would no longer be incomplete.

The other side of the center page is still attached at the staples so would I be better just inserting the missing page or removing the center wrap and replacing it.

Also either way should I tape the page in place with acid free tape or send it in loose but in the right place?

13 hours ago, God Sized said:

Are married pages the same as siamese pages?

No.  Married pages are when you take pages from one comic/magazine (often incomplete, coverless, or much lower grade) and use them to complete a copy that is missing those pages.  Siamese pages are pages in the book that the trimming process drifted during production to exceed the fold of the sheet and results in the (usually top) edge being joined with the next page.  Like Siamese Twins- conjoined.

I don't think I would ever submit or marry pages, covers and the like unless it was a very cool or hard to find book. Like some Golden Age books, I would totally do that for, although I would likely leave raw and likely leave the pages loose inside the copy that was missing them rather than try to attach on my own.

I am also curious what book this is...if it is anything newer than 1965, I have a hard time thinking of a book this makes sense for. Sure, there are valuable books but I feel Frankensteining one to up the value or grade is something collectors who want it would just avoid anyway.