• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

+ + + EC comic reprints! Weird Science / Vault of Horror / Haunt of Fear - Millar's Nemesis - and even MORE SPAWN has risen to the surface! + + +

29 posts in this topic

SPAWN 156 COPY A 

8.5 raw

:news: SOLD!

Here is the story on this ish - you won't find a 9.8. I had a bounty of $400(!) on one for years. No luck. 

Back when I had my complete CGC 9.8 run, this was the ONLY issue that I couldn't find in grade. 

I should know better than almost anyone - I will declare issue 156 as the most difficult Spawn issue in existence. Go ahead. Throw up variant [fill-in-the-blank] I don't care! Yes, I owned a 185 sketch in 9.8. I've never owned, or seen, a 156 in 9.8. 

I guess that's all irrelevant, however. My point is that this issue is tough in high grade. 

I will be listing three. This is the first copy. 

1561.jpg

Edited by newshane

SPAWN 156 COPY B

7.5 raw 

1562.jpg

Edited by newshane

SPAWN 156 COPY C 

9.0 RAW 

1563.jpg

Edited by newshane

All of the copies of 156 could be improved through pressing, in my opinion, if that's your thing. 

I never had confidence that you could reach a 9.8, however. 

In addition to the unforgiving black cover, the paper stock was super dumpy. :sick:

Edited by newshane

SPAWN 212 

9.0 RAW 

I found this to be a brutally hard issue as well. Definitely top five toughest. 

212.jpg

Edited by newshane

19 hours ago, newshane said:

EC REPRINTS 

WEIRD SCIENCE 2 

WEIRD SCIENCE 12 

WEIRD FANTASY 10 

WEIRD FANTASY 11 

WEIRD FANTASY 13

$5 for the set

I am going to boldly but confidently state that you won't find a better cost/reading satisfaction ratio anywhere on the boards today. 

weird sci.jpg

:takeit:add to my pile please.