• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAISE THE ROOF! A Facebook Birthday Fundraiser for Larry's Roof Repair
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello! My name is Larry Shell and I need your help.

To this end, I have launched a Facebook fundraiser for my birthday - Jan. 6, 2020.

Due to my physical problems, caused by two spinal surgeries in the past seven years, my home has fallen into a state of disrepair and the town I live in has given me an ultimatum to do some or all of the needed repairs. Failure to comply could lead to heavy fines or even the condemnation of the home I've lived in for 44 years. The house is livable, it just needs a lot of fixing up.

First and foremost, I badly need to replace the roof on my house. It is in a state of disrepair which cannot simply be patched and has a large hole in it which, whenever it rains, is leaking into two rooms, one of which is my bedroom! The cost of replacement will be close to $20,000. A photo of the roof taken today is posted below.

The other areas are all on the exterior of the house, the front porch is the next serious problem as the overhead is collapsing. It is not safe to walk on.

I have no money to pay for any of these repairs. My financial situation is exacerbated by the health issues I have been dealing with over the past seven years, which culminated in two spinal surgeries during that period that have left me somewhat disabled and unable to work.

Despite these issues, I have managed through various means to raise some of the funds I need just to replace the roof but am still 3k short of what I need to pay for the work!

I scheduled the contractor to replace my roof in mid-January. Their price was the best I have received and is 6k less than the person I had originally intended using.

I have a less than two weeks left to raise these additional funds and will do all I can on my end, but I don’t know if that will be enough!

The contractor plans to start on January 13th so time is of the essence to raise what I need to pay them in full. Please help if you can! Any funds received over the 3k will be applied to the other work I need done to the house. Whatever you can give is appreciated.

For those who do not know me, I am a longtime member of the comics / comic art community, started out attending the early Seuling conventions and was a professional in the comics field for 40+ years. I have written and self-published comic books, managed a comic book store, worked for a comic book distributor (Heroes World) for 10 years, been a marketing consultant for publishers and much more. I am a big fan of comics and now I need a Superhero.

Please note -- Facebook will not allow the use of PayPal for personal campaigns, so if you would prefer to send me a donation via PayPal, send it to lawrenceshell@comcast.net using their "Friends & Family" option. Email me at the same address if you would like to send a check instead for my contact info.

I am asking everyone to PLEASE post the link to my Fundraiser on Facebook, Twitter and all other social media as I need all the help that I can get to spread the word!

I am running this fundraiser for my birthday and hope you can donate, no amount is too small, and make it a happy one for me!

Thank you!

Larry

Screenshot_Roof-Jan2020.jpg