• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Modern Keys... Back at It
1 1

37 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Venom 3 - 1st knull

TMNT 95 - 1st Jennika

Teen Titans 12 - 1st Batman Who Laughs

Flash 197 - 1st Zoom

Thanos 13 - 1st Cosmic Ghost Rider

Avengers 684 - 1st Immortal Hulk

ah 1st immortal hulk was #684 :) muchos gracias!

23 hours ago, Blastaar said:

You are trying to eat an elephant in one bite. Pick one or two characters you like. Say Batman and Spider-Man. Grab some runs in TPB to see if you like them still. If that’s the case look for some key issues surrounding the run you read. This will mean more to you. Example if you were going the Batman route. 

Get these books on Amazon 

Batman by Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo Omnibus Vol. 1

Batman: White Knight

Batman: The Dark Knight: Master Race

Then grab some cool variants of the issues. 

Thanks I will check out those issues. It is hard to recapture the fun of reading back in the day.

20 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Venom 3 - 1st knull

TMNT 95 - 1st Jennika

Teen Titans 12 - 1st Batman Who Laughs

Flash 197 - 1st Zoom

Thanos 13 - 1st Cosmic Ghost Rider

Avengers 684 - 1st Immortal Hulk

+1 great list

Edited by Wolverinex

On 1/3/2020 at 4:02 PM, eastcoaster said:

Looking for help as I stopped reading in the early 90s and I'm getting back into comics and collecting.  

What are some post mid-nineties keys in Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Punisher, X-Men, and Batman? Looking for cool covers, first appearances, landmark events, first issues, and great artists.

Thanks!

You'll feel lost reading moderns of those characters, but it doesn't sound like you're opening anything.  Get the KeyCollector app.  I hate it, but it's this generation's version of Wizard magazine.

Surprised nobody posted the most actively traded GRADED books these are the ones that are worth enough as keys to eat the grading costs on, which is especially important when most modern books are not worth more than $30..  Gocollect keeps an awesome list for all age types, here's the modern one.

https://comics.gocollect.com/most-active/modern-age

Edited by 90sChild

7 hours ago, FineCollector said:

You'll feel lost reading moderns of those characters, but it doesn't sound like you're opening anything.  Get the KeyCollector app.  I hate it, but it's this generation's version of Wizard magazine.

Correct, so far I just collect the books I loved when I was actively reading. This post was mainly about playing catch-up... I may buy TPBs of the suggestions here to read and get the singles slabbed.

6 hours ago, 90sChild said:

Surprised nobody posted the most actively traded GRADED books these are the ones that are worth enough as keys to eat the grading costs on, which is especially important when most modern books are not worth more than $30..  Gocollect keeps an awesome list for all age types, here's the modern one.

https://comics.gocollect.com/most-active/modern-age

Good list!

You have to laugh when the top 20 list of comics of 2019 on Key Collector is filled with books with a high price of $10 and a cover price of $4.  And these are the best of the best of the whole year.  I bought a set of modern Wolverine books and I made it thru a handful before the weird art and even weirder stories make me quit.  I did like reading series like Y: Last Man, Fables and Walking Dead but that was many moons ago.

24 minutes ago, Deadpoolica said:

I was bored at work that day 

giphy.gif

Tell me about it! :banana:

Haha, it's easier to just throughout a couple of issues, just to give a reference of what passes for sought after material....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM