• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on damaged cgc slab

7 posts in this topic

I recently bought a cgc slab off of ebay and just received it today. It came in a long cardboard box that felt super light and bent somewhat. When I opened it the slab was wrapped in what seemed like a whole roll of bubble wrap. I un wrap it and it seems in perfect condition but when I hold it and felt the side it seemed almost like it was melted some sort of damage and it could be opened on its side and had two cracks in it. Now the seller didn't mention any sort of damage in the description and the photos were only front and back so I couldn't tell it was damaged. So now I'm not sure what I should do. Should I try to get a refund or the slab fixed or maybe see if the usps insurance will do something about it? I'm just not sure if the seller had been dishonest and tried to hide the damage20200103_161913.thumb.jpg.5909da960c1001e154036339b85bc542.jpg

20200103_161845.jpg

On 1/3/2020 at 5:32 PM, Comics4Me said:

I recently bought a cgc slab off of ebay and just received it today. It came in a long cardboard box that felt super light and bent somewhat. When I opened it the slab was wrapped in what seemed like a whole roll of bubble wrap. I un wrap it and it seems in perfect condition but when I hold it and felt the side it seemed almost like it was melted some sort of damage and it could be opened on its side and had two cracks in it. Now the seller didn't mention any sort of damage in the description and the photos were only front and back so I couldn't tell it was damaged. So now I'm not sure what I should do. Should I try to get a refund or the slab fixed or maybe see if the usps insurance will do something about it? I'm just not sure if the seller had been dishonest and tried to hide the damage20200103_161913.thumb.jpg.5909da960c1001e154036339b85bc542.jpg

20200103_161845.jpg

If you like the book

Get a reholder for it

CGC will switch it around

If you are worried about a fake or swap you can look up the cert number buy the grader notes and then compare with whats in the slab for any obvious issues.

I dont really get the point for asking what someone else would do though. DO whatever would make you happy.

Clearly the case is damaged and you mentioned the possible options, easiest would be to send it back get a refund and move on IF THAT WOULD MAKE YOU HAPPY!