• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convincing people to sign up for the CGC Boards
4 4

144 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Who else, anywhere other than possible here, could even begin to comprehend the many blessings those pearls of wisdom of yours bestow? Even here, you're like the Goodyear blimp, and we're all just like so many sandbags hanging from it. (worship)

agree... kav is very underappreciated

4 hours ago, Yorick said:

Being new here can be problematic.  I takes me an awfully long time to push through all those pages of dead images from Photophucket. 

You're making a serious mistake. Those dead images are there for a reason! You can gather all of those up, save them, and trade them in later to CGC for pernts. You redeem enough of them and you can get a free submission with a custom label featuring a dead image!  :whee:

Edited by James J Johnson

4 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

agree... kav is very underappreciated

I dont feel underappreciated-you only have to google cgc thanks to kav to find a fraction of the threads thanking me for the contributions I have made over the years.

On topic, I directed Poverty Row to these boards in 2002. As for fighting on the forums, the first year had some of the best. This place.would lose some of its character if it ever becomes the Palsy Walsy club. If you don't believe me, then let's meet at Phil's Parking Lot to talk it over.

11 hours ago, kav said:

I dont feel underappreciated-you only have to google cgc thanks to kav to find a fraction of the threads thanking me for the contributions I have made over the years.

It must be all that free artwork you give away to curry favor.

14 hours ago, kav said:

Too lazy to google.....

Can you just enlighten me?

I only have 3 friends that collect comics, and none have them have ever taken to my suggestion that they sign up for the CGC Boards. One of them has a very nice collection of slabbed Neal Adams Batman books, but still no dice. I can’t blame them though; I am not on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram …  

IIRC, I signed up because I was looking for a 9.8 Valiant Comics WWF: Ultimate Warrior Workout Comic Book after I lost out on an eBay auction. My thought was that if I was going to find one, this would be the best place to look. Unfortunately, I am still searching. I do have a 9.4 though …

That said, I don’t post that much, but I enjoying reading the threads and looking at other people’s collections.

I don’t know about the “Old Guard”, so I don’t have anything to say about that. Everyone I have spoken to or dealt with on here has been very nice. :)

warrior.jpg

10 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Too lazy to google.....

Can you just enlighten me?

impossible

28 minutes ago, an99 said:

I only have 3 friends that collect comics, and none have them have ever taken to my suggestion that they sign up for the CGC Boards. One of them has a very nice collection of slabbed Neal Adams Batman books, but still no dice. I can’t blame them though; I am not on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram …  

IIRC, I signed up because I was looking for a 9.8 Valiant Comics WWF: Ultimate Warrior Workout Comic Book after I lost out on an eBay auction. My thought was that if I was going to find one, this would be the best place to look. Unfortunately, I am still searching. I do have a 9.4 though …

That said, I don’t post that much, but I enjoying reading the threads and looking at other people’s collections.

I don’t know about the “Old Guard”, so I don’t have anything to say about that. Everyone I have spoken to or dealt with on here has been very nice. :)

warrior.jpg

I'm sure you're aware the census only shows three Universal graded copies, one each in 9.4, 9.6, and 9.8. Do you know who has the 9.6? Are you finding raw copies anywhere that could be possible candidates?  

3 hours ago, an99 said:

warrior.jpg

You should try the VALIANTfans board. Username "valiantman" here is the owner of the board there; Greg is is his first name and he's a nice guy, great fellow, all that.

(thumbsu 

-slym

Yes I know this topic has pretty much spun off into infinity and beyond at this point but not something anyone else has alluded to is that not every one wants to take their comic collecting to this level.

If I mention that I am a member of a "Collectors society" or members only comic board I get treated like a snob and often it is a turn off to the average joe collector that I meet. It can be a real conversation killer.

On 1/7/2020 at 6:31 PM, lou_fine said:

A perfect example yesterday being the fact I learned that the much long awaited and thought for dead Pedigree Book is now actually off the bench and back on the starting blocks:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

I assume this means that we can now expect it sometime this decade since we have almost a full 10 years to go.  lol  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

pedigreebook.jpg

21 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

I'm sure you're aware the census only shows three Universal graded copies, one each in 9.4, 9.6, and 9.8. Do you know who has the 9.6? Are you finding raw copies anywhere that could be possible candidates?  

Actually, no didn't know that. Thanks for the info. :)

I have no idea who has the 9.6 or 9.8.

As for copies, the only place I find this book is on eBay

18 hours ago, slym2none said:

You should try the VALIANTfans board. Username "valiantman" here is the owner of the board there; Greg is is his first name and he's a nice guy, great fellow, all that.

(thumbsu 

-slym

Thanks for letting me know.  :)