• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convincing people to sign up for the CGC Boards
4 4

144 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Only people posting stupid things get attacked.

New people anywhere will seem stupid at first.  New job new club new sport whatever.  That does not signal all hands to battle stations.

1 minute ago, RumblinBumblin said:

Never speak in absolutes.

See what I did there?

Yes you spoke in absolutes.

Just now, RumblinBumblin said:

And proved it as you requested. Thanks.

Nope.  You still havent proved it.  Plenty of absolutes are true.  All matter has gravity.  All humans are mammals.  The list goes on and on.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

deflection

Actually the treatment you got when you arrived and continue to whine about was because a banned shill (tinynascarfan) kept coming back under different names so in some ways this thread is the exact same scenario...the abuse you claim to have faced is exactly what is occurring here.   The only difference is that you were a new user....2c

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Actually the treatment you got when you arrived and continue to whine about was because a banned shill (tinynascarfan) kept coming back under different names so in some ways this thread is the exact same scenario...the abuse you claim to have faced is exactly what is occurring here.   The only difference is that you were a new user....2c

Somewhat true.  I was accused of being Tiny, Cal, SAMCRO and a few others.  I was not a shill, and Stu is a shill so I dont really see how in "some ways this is the exact same scenario'.

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

Only people posting stupid things get attacked. And that will happen no matter how new they are to the boards.

Coming on and saying hi and providing some background on yourself will result in people welcoming you. Coming on and saying everybody else sucks, doesn't know how to collect properly, doesn't know anything about comics, or claiming you have a superultramegarare curiosity worth tens of thousands of dollars (that's realistically maybe worth $20) will get you lots of well-deserved mockery and derision.

This times 487,262.

9 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

This times 487,262.

I'm only coming up with 487,260 here.

This site has all the information in front of you, you learn something new everyday from fellow collectors, so informative and helpful, would be crazy not to join.I mention this site to fellow collectors when ever I'm at a con or market, and its  like asking them to get teeth pulled.