• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrightson & the Studio collection of Henry Hui

71 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Bronty said:

Michael - I just have one last thing to say.    Take an average Herb Trimpe page and blow it up to to seven feet tall.   I dare you.   :flamed:

As far as the rest, you can be "right" if you like, since that seems to be the most important thing to you today :baiting:

DFB77191-7CA0-44A3-8DB6-AF238B3C6C88.jpeg.d4d0f48c566079f09b23bd068b3e8c46.jpeg

On 1/8/2020 at 3:33 PM, Bronty said:

I LITERALLY started the convo by saying it was a generalization and oversimplification.    So I'm pretty sure I didn't need to have this exchange with you (and I doubt anyone enjoyed reading it) to confirm what I clearly stated in my preamble to all this.

@Bronty @vodou I enjoyed reading this exchange! 😁

On 1/8/2020 at 3:19 AM, Bronty said:

Depends on what we collect right.   Can you imagine comic art at 60 by 48?   Yuck!  The medium is not suited to that kind of size.  

Kim Jung Gi ! 

3 hours ago, vodou said:

THIS is what it's all about. I don't know how some people (you know who you are lol ) don't see that though. Perplexing :)

lol This is my least favorite of the ones shown here! Never much cared for Jones earlier, more derivative paintings. Prefer the middle period personally. But that's what makes art and collecting it so interesting, yes?

On 1/4/2020 at 6:17 AM, vodou said:

henryhuie.jpg

BTW, on the right side of this photo is Jones' "Age of Innocence", the one piece of art that Henry owned that in my opinion rivaled the Wrightson. It was spectacular. And one of my biggest regrets was not buying it when he offered it.

joneswall.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

On 9/1/2020 at 12:06 PM, MrBedrock said:

BTW, on the right side of this photo is Jones' "Age of Innocence", the one piece of art that Henry owned that in my opinion rivaled the Wrightson. It was spectacular. And one of my biggest regrets was not buying it when he offered it.

joneswall.jpg

Age of Innocence one of my very favorite all time paintings.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:06 PM, MrBedrock said:

joneswall.jpg

It belongs in a museum for all to appreciate.  Better than any Frazetta, IMHO

On 9/1/2020 at 12:58 PM, MrBedrock said:

How did I miss this thread? Henry was a wonderful guy, and his passing was tragic. He sold the Tarzan to me in 2007 as he was starting to raise cash in the pursuit of a Frazetta. He used the money to buy real estate instead.

bigoltarzan.jpg

Did you take your shoes off to make the painting look bigger? 

1 hour ago, buttock said:

Did you take your shoes off to make the painting look bigger? 

Houston heat/humidity*...depending on the time of year (11/12 months lol ), I bet that tile floor was very refreshing!

*former resident; past/present/future "weather" hater, but the people sure are nice!

Edited by vodou

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Houston heat/humidity*...depending on the time of year (11/12 months lol ), I bet that tile floor was very refreshing!

*former resident; past/present/future "weather" hater, but the people sure are nice!

Flip flops, sandals, or bare feet...that's how to survive down here.

15 minutes ago, vodou said:
18 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Flip flops, sandals, or bare feet...that's how to survive down here.

Until...pavement or...fire ants!

Minor inconveniences. :takeit: