• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show off your NON COMIC Cool Collectables!!
2 2

67 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

looks like a banana at first glance , oh and by the way a banana taped to a wall did sell for 200k in some fancy modern art museum lol 

Surprisingly partial tusks aren't too expensive.  Just like comics condition is everything LOL.

1 minute ago, Xenosmilus said:

I have that too LOL.  Although I would not recommend getting one. I didn't realize when I bought it that it requires upkeep. Iron meteorites have to be coated in oil to prevent rusting hence I had to buy that display case to help also.

wow thats work .. sort of like a salt water fish tank ... cool looking rock though !!!

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

wow thats work .. sort of like a salt water fish tank ... cool looking rock though !!!

Also I have to buy 100% ethanol to "wash" it. Can't use water.  If you use 70% ethanol you'll have to "bake" the meteorite in the oven for like an hour or so to get rid of any water.... It's a pain to maintain.

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Also I have to buy 100% ethanol to "wash" it. Can't use water.  If you use 70% ethanol you'll have to "bake" the meteorite in the oven for like an hour or so to get rid of any water.... It's a pain to maintain.

so a seller of that item has to scrape off all the rust first and maintain it until it sells right  ? wow too much work