• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best of 2019 it begins..... Start Posting your entries now!!!

30 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

For next year, let me suggest an additional price point. In addition to $500, let me suggest $5,000. That is probably the maximum amount many collectors will spend on OA, so lumping the values of $501 and up together seems a bit unfair.

Best of will never use value as a category. Too tough to vertify.

27 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

There is a $500 price point now. Why not a higher, mid-level one, too?

You are confusing totally separate things Best of 2019 is a Comicartfans/Lowry ONLY and Best of 2019: Budget Edition was started by BCarter here in CGC. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

8 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

You are confusing totally separate things Best of 2019 is a Comicartfans/Lowry ONLY and Best of 2019: Budget Edition was started by BCarter here in CGC. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Okay, then how about it here?

5 hours ago, vodou said:

I guess I missed the memo where Brian now owns CAF Best of..., cuz he's clearly The Boss and making All The Decisions lol

Rick2you2 - You're FIRED!

No Bill owns it and I am just the manager. I am conveying Bill's wishes. Best of started to share what people have posted in the CAF over the year. It has grown quite a bit especially this year. We try and keep it simple and categorize art as best as we can. If values are added into it then policing it just becomes a headache. And very hard to know if a piece really belongs in a value category. 

Collectors read too much into Best of on CAF, it is supposed to be sharing your recent acquisitions and not a contest. I post the stuff I really liked that I got the last year. So what if I post a cover I didn't pay alot for and someone else posts one that cost 5x that. Doesn't mean its a cover I would want in my collection. When I vote this week in the Best of I choose what I would want to own myself. Which is usually alot different than other collectors.

Just enjoy the Best of and don't worry about what your fellow collector has.

26 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Collectors read too much into Best of on CAF

I totally agree.

26 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Just enjoy the Best of and don't worry about what your fellow collector has.

Of course. You should too ;)

All the rules stuff is sorta stuffed-shirt, to put it kindly. Same with the folks losing it in the BCarter27 thread ;)lol