• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grading Protocol for 9.9's and 10's
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I'm just curious if any knows CGC grading protocol for 9.9's and 10's. For example if a grader thinks they have 9.9 does it have to go through a special process where a certain number of  other graders have to agree and then a "higher up" has to sign off on the grade?  This scenario seems appropriate given how much value will be added to the slab...

Edited by Xenosmilus

14 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I'm just curious if any knows CGC grading protocol for 9.9's and 10's. For example if a grader thinks they have 9.9 does it have to go through a special process where a certain number of  other graders have to agree and then a "higher up" has to sign off on the grade?  This scenario seems appropriate given how much value will be added to the slab...

No. They apply the same "grading protocol" for any/all grades.

CGC doesn't care about aftermarket value outside of insurance costs.

On 1/6/2020 at 8:12 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

No. They apply the same "grading protocol" for any/all grades.

CGC doesn't care about aftermarket value outside of insurance costs.

or do they hmmm... could be a ruse lol.. but officially they dont care about aftermarket value outside of insurance costs. so you are correct in your statement.

On 1/5/2020 at 4:31 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I think each book has 3 graders.  If there's a difference of opinion, they discuss and hash it out.  Or maybe the Meat Loaf rule....2 out of 3 ain't bad.  

Something tells me the grading team will call in the senior grader (Litch, Nelson, or Caffrey) to verify the call. That's only what I'd like to think, not what I know for certain.