• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhunt #12 Raw RARE sold for $3,351 ?!?
3 3

60 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, The-Collector said:

It is a super cool book but I can't help but think many more copies will surface and prices will come way down. 

Oh I doubt it!   If it IS canadian there just won't be that many.    A couple I'm sure will be found with the extra attention, but they won't be commonplace ever.   If they haven't been found in 60 years until now, there's only so much the extra attention can do.

Edited by Bronty

The eBay copy is now the cgc graded copy for sale on these boards in the GA for sale section (for only slightly more than twice the cost of what it was purchased for😆)

and I just saw this on Instagram that Someone just sold a Manhunt 12 5.5 graded by one of those other companies. 

I have a feeling the buyer of the CC copy won’t be too thrilled to know two higher graded copies just popped up a few months after his “one of a kind” purchase.

Edited by thewritestuff

2 hours ago, thewritestuff said:

The eBay copy is now the cgc graded copy for sale on these boards in the GA for sale section (for only slightly more than twice the cost of what it was purchased for😆)

and I just saw this on Instagram that Someone just sold a Manhunt 12 5.5 graded by one of those other companies. 

I have a feeling the buyer of the CC copy won’t be too thrilled to know two higher graded copies just popped up a few months after his “one of a kind” purchase.

Just when you least expect it the money brings other copies to market happens all the time :smile:

How much did the 5.5 sell for ?

4 hours ago, thewritestuff said:

I believe there are now 4 to 5 known copies out there now. Probably just as many unknown copies in collector’s hands and a few buried away in attics that no one knows about. Because it’s Canadian, it will always be a rare book no matter how you look at it. 

I’m pretty positive it will also be that hole in my run...

6 hours ago, thewritestuff said:

That book was pulled, I believe.

OUT:  Flippers are a detriment to the community.  They're only interested in making a quick buck!

IN:  Flippers are a benefit to the community.  They keep the inventory circulating!

7 hours ago, thewritestuff said:

lol

"one of a kind" - always loved that.

All it takes is a strong sale for that "one of a kind" to undergo the multiplier effect.

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

lol

"one of a kind" - always loved that.

All it takes is a strong sale for that "one of a kind" to undergo the multiplier effect.

Full disclosure might mean describing it thusly: 

"One of a kind at this point in time.  No guarantees about tomorrow (or a half hour from now)."

On 2/12/2020 at 8:49 AM, Dr. Love said:

That book was pulled, I believe.

OUT:  Flippers are a detriment to the community.  They're only interested in making a quick buck!

IN:  Flippers are a benefit to the community.  They keep the inventory circulating!

It was and if I didn’t like that seller I’d say something mean and nasty about him trying to make a buck. :nyah: He and others should stick to selling their crack on street corners instead of taking advantage of dim witted collectors buying children’s books due to their addiction.

Death to Flipper! lol

F93E0188-1CE8-4817-9887-C42EE23F37DA.gif.0bba51ad1ba6ab6ac3cfaee89030c7a8.gif

FYI, you guys can add another copy of said book to exist since a collector who doesn’t post here but saw the eBay listing apparently also has a copy in very good shape. 

Edited by N e r V

I sold that 5.5 voldy to the guy who sold it on IG. It was raw at the time and I called it a 4.0. Got a whopping $100 CAD back in 2016.

Oops I guess. Just looked like another random Canadian edition at the time. I'm quite certain I've owned multiple copies over the years.

39 minutes ago, slowdowntubby said:

I sold that 5.5 voldy to the guy who sold it on IG. It was raw at the time and I called it a 4.0. Got a whopping $100 CAD back in 2016.

Oops I guess. Just looked like another random Canadian edition at the time. I'm quite certain I've owned multiple copies over the years.

Hi Mark. I always doubted that MH 12 was rare, compared to other Canadian golden age comics like the Whites (ie Triumph Comics, Dime Comics, Active Comics, etc). The fact that you have owned  multiple copies attests to this. The book has absolutely NO allure for me. I actually felt sorry for the individual who ponied up the astronomical amount that was realized on the Comicconnect recent auction for the 1.0  CGC copy. Hype at its best.  :flamed:

Edited by eccomic

On 2/13/2020 at 1:17 PM, N e r V said:

It was and if I didn’t like that seller I’d say something mean and nasty about him trying to make a buck. :nyah: He and others should stick to selling their crack on street corners instead of taking advantage of dim witted collectors buying children’s books due to their addiction.

Death to Flipper! lol

F93E0188-1CE8-4817-9887-C42EE23F37DA.gif.0bba51ad1ba6ab6ac3cfaee89030c7a8.gif

FYI, you guys can add another copy of said book to exist since a collector who doesn’t post here but saw the eBay listing apparently also has a copy in very good shape. 

I was just the flipper that the real flipper of the book asked to sell it for him for a small percentage. When I couldn't sell it I think he found his own buyer who may have decided to flip it on eBay? This book has not been one that particularly interested me personally. I don't like the girl on the cover enough. (shrug) 

Edited by Ricksneatstuff
even more flipping related wording added

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I was just the flipper that the real flipper of the book asked to sell it for him for a small percentage. When I couldn't sell it I think he found his own buyer who may have decided to flip it on eBay? This book has not been one that particularly interested me personally. I don't like the girl on the cover enough. (shrug) 

Yes, we’ve all seen what you like....:baiting:

50B78285-A8C1-47A3-A191-7380E4F66EF3.gif.d344e0fe7aaa46304571eb79cb17b0c3.gif