• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1998 Reunion with the Original Art Market
2 2

99 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, grapeape said:

eBay snapshots

saved eBay auctions from the past

🍇   🦍

Funny, a friend just sent me this pic a couple of days ago and it made me think of this thread.

He printed out results for all the eBay auctions he followed from 1998-2002 and filed them away. He's got several other boxes just like this.

I'll see if he'll share more here.

image1.jpeg

5 hours ago, Nexus said:

Funny, a friend just sent me this pic a couple of days ago and it made me think of this thread.

He printed out results for all the eBay auctions he followed from 1998-2002 and filed them away. He's got several other boxes just like this.

I'll see if he'll share more here.

image1.jpeg

Wow.  Reminds me that I did the same thing in the infancy of ebay.   Problem was that after filling several boxes and making several housing moves I felt it was more trouble than it was worth.   Taken to the local dump and lost forever!

doh!

1 hour ago, spider9698 said:

Wow.  Reminds me that I did the same thing in the infancy of ebay.   Problem was that after filling several boxes and making several housing moves I felt it was more trouble than it was worth.   Taken to the local dump and lost forever!

doh!

I’m guilty as well. Our move to California necessitated disposal of 99% of data such as CBG magazines, eBay printouts, catalogs from 1996-2000.

:/

6 hours ago, mtlevy1 said:

See classified under Moy....and I thought Roger wanted Gulacy art!

Does someone have poor penmanship - or a sloppy editor?

Mark

I’ve searched for Galaxy art but so far no luck.

3 hours ago, grapeape said:

Gene Colan had this treat for interested fans. 1998

9EAC96B3-562D-4393-AB67-8E28712BB5BE.thumb.jpeg.883e91909fc8cc730c19f8018cff6aae.jpeg

In fact -- here's a $395 Gene Colan piece which I had Steve Leialoha ink. You might note that Gene, as required by some internal law I would never question, gave Doom one leg. And the raven over Doom's shoulder?  One leg.

colan doom.jpg

colan inked doom.jpg

1 hour ago, glendgold said:

In fact -- here's a $395 Gene Colan piece which I had Steve Leialoha ink. You might note that Gene, as required by some internal law I would never question, gave Doom one leg. And the raven over Doom's shoulder?  One leg.

colan doom.jpg

colan inked doom.jpg

$450 would get you the second leg!

kidding aside Gene a great talent and Steve is a beautiful artist...beautiful finishes.

Edited by grapeape

6 hours ago, glendgold said:

Checkmate Will K. Glen has left you with but one leg to stand on!!!

:roflmao:

I’d like to see Peter Cook point out any deficiencies to Victor Von Doom, Master of Latveria.