• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help Me Grade My FF48
1 1

21 posts in this topic

I'm looking for some help with assessing the grade of a FF48.  All of the pictures focus around the front and back of the book.  The internal pages are all in great shape and consistent with the condition of the first page.  Thanks!

FF_a.jpeg

FF_c.jpeg

FF_b.jpeg

Edited by hatrik777

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

What is going on with the lower staple?

The cover is detached from the lower staple on 3 of the 4 sides but the side closest to the spine is still secured under it.  When looking at the first page with the cover open (image 5 above) there appears to be some white in between two staple holes.   The white and dark patch to the left of the staple is actually the section of the cover that is still secured under the staple. 

51 minutes ago, Deadpoolica said:

What is the criteria you are using to arrive at a 5.5?  It certainly presents much better and is very clean with the exception of the lower staple. Does the staple detachment lower the grade that much in your opinion?

4 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Looks REALLY clean otherwise - I’d guess at least 6.5 ( would rather go under than over ) not sure how much the popped staple would affect 

Yes, it is very nice other than the staple. Any thoughts on whether or not this would get a green label if one side of the cover is still attached to the staple? Additionally, by what amount do you attribute the dip in the score to the lower staple issue?

3 minutes ago, hatrik777 said:

Yes, it is very nice other than the staple. Any thoughts on whether or not this would get a green label if one side of the cover is still attached to the staple? Additionally, by what amount do you attribute the dip in the score to the lower staple issue?

At least a point dip IMO - the edges do have some wear though . I don’t believe it will be a green label - just a note indicating the popped staple - this looks very bright and not wavy , was it recently pressed / spot taced ?

31 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

At least a point dip IMO - the edges do have some wear though . I don’t believe it will be a green label - just a note indicating the popped staple - this looks very bright and not wavy , was it recently pressed / spot taced ?

I've been told that it hasn't been pressed and/or had any other work done but I'm not the original owner. 

41 minutes ago, hatrik777 said:

What is the criteria you are using to arrive at a 5.5?  It certainly presents much better and is very clean with the exception of the lower staple. Does the staple detachment lower the grade that much in your opinion?

Yes, it does present better than the grade...the staple detachment lowers it down a lot, a partially detached cover is a grade killer