• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #361 (Copy #1)
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forums so if I seem like a newbie, I am! I have 5 copies of the Amazing Spider-Man #361 and am looking to submit them to CGC for grading. Below is the first copy I have. Would you also opine on if pressing would be beneficial and if yes, what do you think the improved grade would be? Thanks!

ASM 361 Book 1A.jpg

ASM 361 Book 1B.jpg

Small stress front cover at the bottom staple, but I'm not sure if it's production related.

Even with that, I agree with the 9.4s and also see no obvious reasons to press. You could always have it screened to see if there would be the potential for improvement with a press.

On 5/16/2022 at 5:56 PM, Geoff2099 said:

I am shocked that you got a 9.8. I thought that bottom right front cover tear would be an issue. Guess they considered it bindery.

Maybe I'm blind. What tear are you referring to? All of my copies had a tear on the back, bottom in the red square "New From" area. So I'm assuming that's a print defect?

On 6/1/2022 at 12:06 PM, Thuat To said:

Maybe I'm blind. What tear are you referring to? All of my copies had a tear on the back, bottom in the red square "New From" area. So I'm assuming that's a print defect?

I think they might be referring to the "staple tear" on the bottom staple, which is common on this book. I believe it is a production flaw same as the "grabber tear" on the back, bottom in the red square "New From" area. Beautiful copies and conragtulations!