• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk 181

16 posts in this topic

Can you guys take a look at this one and tell me what you think. Obviously it has writing in the upper left corner. There is also a small bend in the upper right corner of the back cover. The miss wrapped spine has always bugged me. I don’t know how CGC figures that in. It is a bindery flaw but should it grade the same as a similar copy with nice alignment? I don’t think so. I know the sigs wern’t witnessed by CGC and don’t really care. Would I get a grade devaluation because of them? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

84316487-A286-43FC-A94B-5E82647ED694.jpeg

C8134032-1C59-49BA-ADD8-6712AE4E65B5.jpeg

B7F7B1AC-3B79-4C39-8CB4-5E1B5B93749A.jpeg

.... I'm not sure that I'm qualified to answer all your questions, but I want to give my guesses :) 

Great Book BTW!!

I'm at 8.5/or 9.0 with a press....

I don't think they'll count off for the sigs inside the book, as they're clean and not messy or really any bleed through with the "pen"

the upper left front looks like pencil, but not sure how to handle that, if it is pencil: less of a deduction that "ink" for writing on cover

Should at least get blue label, I couldn't give this an "8.0" it's too nice, but 8.5 is more likely, with a press, I'm not sure if it will "help" due to flaws that are present that the press won't take care of (writing etc) :foryou: 

I think it's an AWESOME BOOK! and my hat's off to you! :) @Robot Man

23 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't think they'll count off for the sigs inside the book, as they're clean and not messy or really any bleed through with the "pen"

hm So only qualified/green label if on the cover? (I have a nice ASM #122 with a Romita sig on the bottom of the first page)

Sweet copy @Robot Man

4 minutes ago, universal soldier said:

hm So only qualified/green label if on the cover? (I have a nice ASM #122 with a Romita sig on the bottom of the first page)

Sweet copy @Robot Man

I believe so yes :) 

8.5 was my first blush grade before scrolling through responses but the back cover looks to have a spine ding.  Still. I had one with a similar pen arrival date that got an 8.5 years ago