• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect (post your opinions on the new site)
6 6

109 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:
3 hours ago, SuperBird said:

I cannot imagine they'd feel at all confident running an auction with the website like this. 

exactly...gotta be a work in progress

Well, either that or they've decided to do away with auctions completely since their current website don't even have a section or icon for auctions.  :facepalm:

I hope this useless kindergarten school IT company they hired to revamp their website was smart enough at least to retain a copy of their old website just in case. :wishluck:

14 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Also can’t access my account history- like Im pretty sure I bought some books in their last auction and there’s no trace of past orders etc... hopefully that will be restored. 

I'm pretty sure you go to your dashboard after logging in and it shows all the books you've bought. I believe on the bottom under paid invoices.

I think everyone needs to just be a little patient and everything will get worked out. It's a new site, and I'm sure they're figuring things out still. 

Hello and Happy New Year!

My name is Michael Brill and I am heading up the social media department here at Metropolis Collectibles & ComicConnect. We are aware of the concerns brought up about the new site, and we are working relentlessly to fix the current issues. We understand the frustrations you are experiencing and for this we apologize.

We have listened to the feedback you have given us over the years and have worked night and day to incorporate those features into the new sites. Unfortunately, due to the relic architecture of the pre-existing database that goes all the way back to the early 90s, we are dealing with a number of glitches that have come up after the launch. Again, our programmers and staff are working diligently on these issues and they will be fixed.

Thank you for your patience and constructive criticism. We wanted this to be perfect for you, and it will be. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Once completed, you will find all the things you loved about our old sites on the new sites, as well as new features that will create an amazing user experience.

Sincerely,

Michael Brill

Edited by Michael Brill

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I'm pretty sure you go to your dashboard after logging in and it shows all the books you've bought. I believe on the bottom under paid invoices.

I think everyone needs to just be a little patient and everything will get worked out. It's a new site, and I'm sure they're figuring things out still. 

Wow yup hey! It’s all there- but it wasn’t yesterday I swear. And the categories are easier to access and the invoices present much clearer, definitely an improvement. Looking forward to taking it out on the track for the next auction. 

2 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Looking forward to taking it out on the track for the next auction. 

If I had any books consigned to their next scheduled Event Auction for this coming March, all I can say is that I would seriously consider either pulling them completely or at the minimum, pushing them off until one of their subsequent Event Auctions later on in the year.  Especially considering the very strong likelihood that most bidders will probably still be trying to figure their way around this new website, if it's even up and running by then.  doh!

After all, didn't we lose well over half of the board members here on these very boards after CGC made their big revamp several years ago?  Even then, it still took several more months before some of the members decided to come back to try to register for the new boards in the end.  :taptaptap:

Now, if I was a potential bidder who really wanted to win a particular book, this is probably a good time to try to win it when some of the other bidders will not be around. hm  :takeit:

5 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

There's still no sign of the books I've tracked historically.  I hope that feature is recovered.

Just now, RareHighGrade said:

There's still no sign of the books I've tracked historically.  I hope that feature is recovered.

Hmm, yeah that would be unfortunate to lose. Well I spoke to Josh there the other day and he said they're still working out the kinks. So fingers crossed for sure!!

7 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Sold books are back up for me :whee:

There should be option to delete books in the Unsold/Closed section. You have a "RELIST" button, next to it should be a "REMOVE" button.

Edited by Gotham Kid

I don’t see any mention of auctions at all yet...  and looks like COmicConnect is selling/listing comics for sale like Comiclink Exchange now, it used to be only auctions, wasnt it!

ive noticed that the Sort buttons don’t do anything yet either. Before or after a search (adding filters) 

19 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

and looks like COmicConnect is selling/listing comics for sale like Comiclink Exchange now, it used to be only auctions, wasnt it!

no, they had both formats