• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect (post your opinions on the new site)
6 6

109 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I love the way ComicLink's website works. I suppose it's possible I'm just stuck in 1994 myself, but I find it functional and easy to use.

true

shame no archive database, search feature that would include issue number or watch feature though

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

true

shame no archive database, search feature that would include issue number or watch feature though

Yep, that would be nice. Only being able to see the history for the books I've personally bid on is a bit cumbersome.

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

true

Though they’ve done that by design, not by ineptitude. CL likes keeping things close to their chest.

@ComicConnect

there are a couple books ( the 2 Batman Detective books ) featured for your next auction that should but do NOT appear in my WANT LIST, so the match isn't being made.

Edited by Gotham Kid

...and why are the image boxes square?  Comics and OA are not square...   okay, your design wants square images frames, but don’t default enlarge to fit dimensions so EVERY image is distorted (squeezed or extended) to fit the square...

On 1/11/2020 at 3:42 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Gino, most of the time people hate change.

When the CGC Boards changed to the new format people were in an uproar. Eventually people got used to it and accepted it, or left lol

Same will happen with the new ComicConnect site.

Rather surprisingly, it would appear that a noticeable number of former board members here actually never bother to make the switch and simply left.  :frown:

On 1/11/2020 at 4:00 PM, Aman619 said:

Yeah... feels like with their sites completely down for weeks, ther was pressure to get SOMETHING back up quickly, and were assured that elements could be added while live... forgetting that customers who visit early come away with a less than impressive experience with a handicapped unfinished site.

^^

Yes, Unfortuately I believe this is exactly what happened here. 

On 1/11/2020 at 4:00 PM, Aman619 said:

dont know why the new site wasn’t worked and tested until finished in parallel — offline — to the old live site? Anyone in tech can give an answer to this that might help sites in the future avoud a disappointing rollout? 

Right again as this is definitely something that should have been done as running a parallel system offline before rolling out and going live would definitely have prevented this situation from happening.  (thumbsu

@ComicConnect please pay particular attention to this post !

27 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

The issue extends far beyond search features.

For example: Below you will see a very simple CSS bug going on when you hover over an image and it becomes cut off. This is an OBVIOUS issue that would be caught in a few seconds of browser testing. This alone is a big red flag that it wasn't tested at all correctly (source: am a professional web developer. I do all my testing with browserstack.com)

1326990566_ScreenShot2020-01-20at4_57_38PM.thumb.png.bc918cc11c085bf9a02c353a6c4756ba.png

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 1/9/2020 at 6:22 PM, Gotham Kid said:

There should be option to delete books in the Unsold/Closed section. You have a "RELIST" button, next to it should be a "REMOVE" button.

:bump:

I have books in my Unsold/Closed section that I no longer own ( for ages )

On 1/11/2020 at 6:42 PM, Gotham Kid said:

When the CGC Boards changed to the new format people were in an uproar. Eventually people got used to it and accepted it, or left lol

Although the boards have never been the same since...dontcha think?

20 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

it looks like its running good now.  I like it.

As long as you don't mind doing a ton of endless scrolling from what I can see.  :frustrated:

I punched in Action 1 under their previous Sold option and it returned 1,169 items, with not a single one of them being a copy of Action 1 on the first page.

I did the same for Comic available and it returned 121 items with a copy of a 1988 Action 1 reprint showing up on Page 1.  meh

I did the same under Advanced Search and it retuned only 4 items:  One being a single page from an Action 1; the second a 1988 Action 1 reprint; the third an Action 1 Silver Print Proof, and the last being a copy of Action Comics Annual #1.  (shrug)

Tried it with a more common book like Detective 38 and it shows up with a total of 83,591 results for you to scroll through.  :screwy:

I assume it's like Vinnie says in this week's edition of Scoop:  “From top to bottom, from front to back, every aspect is completely new and expertly designed,” 

“It’s designed to help collectors find the specific comic they’re looking for while offering a batch of related comics that might fit into their collection.”

Unless I am not doing it properly which is quite possible since I am technically challenged when it comes to computers and internet searches, I would tend to disagree with Vinnie's assessment of the new site.  Although I will have to agree with him that it definitely does find a batch of related (and sadly unrelated) comics in terms of your search.  hm   :facepalm:

On 1/11/2020 at 6:37 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

Yet another website that has went to a mobile look which requires a MASSIVE amount of scrolling which means I will either miss a bunch of stuff or just not use it at all due to frustration. Am I the only person that likes to pinch and zoom in order to take more in at once? I loved the website before why change it I just don’t understand why everyone has to change for the sake of change unless something was not performing correctly which may be the case I am unsure. I absolutely can not stand the new GPA with its new mobile look and thus far this looks no different. I am an overall positive person as most can usually tell from my overusage of exclamation points so I am confident like CGC did with its chat boards both GPA and CC will eventually give us the option to view a desktop version on our mobiles (fingers crossed)

I also don't like sites that are optimized for mobile devices. Even when I'm on my smart phone, I always opt to view the desktop version of every site.

On 1/11/2020 at 6:42 PM, Gotham Kid said:

I've gotten used to the nee CGC site, but I still don't like it. I probably spend about half as much time here as I used to.

I've discovered this annoyance during the current auction. This screen shows up when you leave the page open for a while. I don't see the point of this at all. Seems like it's timed out but as you can see in the pic I'm still signed in. The "take me back" button doesn't always work and if I refresh the page sometimes it stays like this. I'm not even sure what book I was looking at.

Comic connect.jpg

1 hour ago, BriD. said:

I've discovered this annoyance during the current auction. This screen shows up when you leave the page open for a while. I don't see the point of this at all.

to avoid stupid ebay-like excuses like "my cat walked on the keyboard while I was fetching a beer and accidentally bid on the item. Now I don't wanna pay. I wasn't drunk enough."

Edited by Gotham Kid