• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect (post your opinions on the new site)
6 6

109 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2020 at 1:35 PM, Straw-Man said:

served me very well this week both selling and buying.   thumbs up for me.

Absolutely no problem at all with the entire bidding process (except for the apparent random placement of the completed auctions) and their speedy updating of their historical archive is definitely much better than before.  :applause:

The only part that still continues to puzzle me is whether it's going to continue to encourage potential consignors to submit their books to an auction house that provides automatic links to all other competing copies of the same books that they also happen to have available for sale?  doh!

If they actually think this is a good strategy for maximizing prices on behalf of their consignor's books, are they then going to complete the picture by providing automatic links to the same available books from other competing websites like Heritage and CL?  hm   :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

As a web designer & developer, their site makes me sad.

Still verging on garbage due to the bare bones search options. In this day and age there is no excuse for a major comic site to not let us filter by era: Golden, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Modern. Heck, why not also let us see ANY pedigree (right now we are forced to select a specific pedigree, maybe I just want to see everything available).

Lots of questionable UI decisions, especially with the Watch Screen (if I want to remove a watched item that has ended I can't do it from the Watch Screen...I have to click through to every items page, then open up the options drop down to remove. Active listings can be removed easily from the Watch Screen though - doesn't make sense to take away options for one group of items). Mobile experience is also a mess. 

@ComicConnect.com

this has been requested before but nothing yet. Please ad the feature where consignors can remove past books from their profiles.

In the CONSIGNMENT section, I have 18 books that I haven't owned for years !

image.png.686d1296e0bcb9bfdbc171e5f16c5916.png

Just as you have the RELIST button, can you not add a REMOVE button !?

image.thumb.png.ed6680725c51df90c4a76313d1ed035c.png

Thank you !

Edited by Gotham Kid

58 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

@ComicConnect.com

this has been requested before but nothing yet. Please ad the feature where consignors can remove past books from their profiles.

Thank you !

Hey Peter;

is it possible that they still have it in their back inventory with the book still linked to you?  hm

:idea:  Why don't you try and hit the relist button and then ask them for the money when it does resell.  :takeit:  

Well, I guess you simply can't have everything you want sometimes.  hm

At least they did send out an email on Thursday that had pictured links to every single lot in their just completed Event Auction as it's always good to have everything all in one spot.  :applause:

On 9/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, lou_fine said:

:idea:  Why don't you try and hit the relist button and then ask them for the money when it does resell.  :takeit:  

I think we should ALL do that !

On 1/13/2020 at 7:02 AM, tth2 said:

This thread has completely killed any thought Josh might've ever had of revamping the Comiclink website. lol

i want to like comicconnect but its so slow to load. i also dont want to see raw comics, but cannot filter them out. frustrating.

i find myself only buying from comiclink in spite of their continuing to not post back cover scans. other than correcting that, their site is fast and very easy to use. i find the search functions adequate and i have spent too much money over there. and sometimes HA as well. CC site for me is no bueno.

Edited by www.alexgross.com
editing

3 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

CC site for me is no bueno.

Metropolis site tampoco es bueno.  Before the "upgrade", I would visit Metro multiple times a week, every week, going back years.  My #1 go-to site.  Site was fast, images downloaded almost instantly.  No 'clutter.'  Since the new Metropolis site went up at the start of 2020, i made one purchase.  Site is slow to load, you always have to scroll down to get to 'Comics For Sale' and 'Browse.'  The top 500 new comics listed and top 500 new comic images from the old site (first thing one would see) is, sadly, gone (if it's there, i can't find it).  Just a poor digital shopping experience.  They must have put a lot of money into the upgrade, but I'm sure many others like me that have thrown up their hands and shop elsewhere.  They also raised S&H to $18, which is another nail in their coffin, while their competitors are charging a reasonable $8 to $12.

Edited by zosocane

On 9/6/2020 at 7:40 PM, Gotham Kid said:

@ComicConnect.com

Thank you !

:bump:

@ComicConnect.com how hard is it to introduce a delete button !? :baiting:

Edited by Gotham Kid

Will say this, even though the site itself is questionable the customer service is some of the better out there when talking to support staff via email. Also, I think the auction I just won from them at the end of last year might have been the best shipped book I've ever been sent (both in packaging, speed, AND proper customs process that resulted in no additional import charges with it coming into Canada). So, yeah, now I'm most certainly more open to buying items $800-$1,500 range from them in the future.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 10/2/2020 at 9:44 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

i want to like comicconnect but its so slow to load. i also dont want to see raw comics, but cannot filter them out. frustrating.

i find myself only buying from comiclink in spite of their continuing to not post back cover scans. other than correcting that, their site is fast and very easy to use. i find the search functions adequate and i have spent too much money over there. and sometimes HA as well. CC site for me is no bueno.

The load times on comicconnect are terrible.  It's about 10 seconds for any given page to load.  And when they do load they set to defaults that nobody in their right mind would want.  If you click on advanced search, then it autoscrolls away from the search menu and down to books.  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Sauce Dog said:

AND proper customs process that resulted in no additional import charges with it coming into Canada).

Not sure if you should actually be posting this on a public website since Canada Customs might be reading this, and I am also not sure if you are using the correct adjective in your post above.  lol