• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect (post your opinions on the new site)
6 6

109 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

ive noticed that the Sort buttons don’t do anything yet either. Before or after a search (adding filters)

Indeed.

I sort by highest price first and get all the drek (under $100) listed for page after page

The only thing that is nice is the Dashboard with a general overview of things.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 1/8/2020 at 7:53 PM, Michael Brill said:

Hello and Happy New Year!

My name is Michael Brill and I am heading up the social media department here at Metropolis Collectibles & ComicConnect. We are aware of the concerns brought up about the new site, and we are working relentlessly to fix the current issues. We understand the frustrations you are experiencing and for this we apologize.

We have listened to the feedback you have given us over the years and have worked night and day to incorporate those features into the new sites. Unfortunately, due to the relic architecture of the pre-existing database that goes all the way back to the early 90s, we are dealing with a number of glitches that have come up after the launch. Again, our programmers and staff are working diligently on these issues and they will be fixed.

Thank you for your patience and constructive criticism. We wanted this to be perfect for you, and it will be. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Once completed, you will find all the things you loved about our old sites on the new sites, as well as new features that will create an amazing user experience.

Sincerely,

Michael Brill

Thanks Michael, hadn't seen this post.

The Search function, as it stands now, has been seriously degraded.  It used to be robust, while somewhat unwieldy. 

This would be a game changer for me.  Also, you've got to be able to sort for slabs at the very least.

Michael Brill, can we assume all the previous Advanced Search functionality will be ported over to the new site?

Not sure if these sidebar filters are done or are still a work in progress, but it would be ideal to have an option to filter by era (Gold, Silver, Bronze etc with the year range of each one next to it). The 'filter by era' is something Heritage has as a sidebar filter, and I find it very useful to drill down quickly with one click when I've done a simple title search and the result I get is hundreds of mixed-era listings to plow through.

5 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

The Search function, as it stands now, has been seriously degraded.  It used to be robust, while somewhat unwieldy. 

This would be a game changer for me.

"Robust, while somewhat unwieldy" is a great description for many of us.

Edited by MrBedrock

14 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I can't find the page for the upcoming auction

It was briefly featured on the main page but they took it down.

I managed to see an AF15 8.0 that will be offered. I linked it in the AF 15 thread.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/854568

At the bottom of the page you can already see some books that will be offered, including a Batman 1 3.5

Edited by Gotham Kid

22 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

This website is absolutely atrocious. I can't find the page for the upcoming auction; the whole thing is just awful. I don't see the point in updating the website if you can't do it well.

But how do you REALLY feel?

Yet another website that has went to a mobile look which requires a MASSIVE amount of scrolling which means I will either miss a bunch of stuff or just not use it at all due to frustration. Am I the only person that likes to pinch and zoom in order to take more in at once? I loved the website before why change it I just don’t understand why everyone has to change for the sake of change unless something was not performing correctly which may be the case I am unsure. I absolutely can not stand the new GPA with its new mobile look and thus far this looks no different. I am an overall positive person as most can usually tell from my overusage of exclamation points so I am confident like CGC did with its chat boards both GPA and CC will eventually give us the option to view a desktop version on our mobiles (fingers crossed)

Gino, most of the time people hate change.

When the CGC Boards changed to the new format people were in an uproar. Eventually people got used to it and accepted it, or left lol

Same will happen with the new ComicConnect site.

Edited by Gotham Kid

6 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Gino, most of the time people hate change.

When the CGC Boards changed to the new format people were in an uproar. Eventually people got used to it and accepted it, or left lol

Same will happen with the new ComicConnect site.

I totally agree brother for me personally it’s not really the change per say that I have the issue in as much (I can get used to that) as it is taking away the ability to change to desktop view on mobile. I think the new GPA looks fine on my desktop which I am hardly ever at but once it hits mobile it’s atrocious for me personally and I can’t possibly see the same data picture that the site is intended for unless I was sitting at my desktop. If I could only switch to that desktop view it would be great and hey if you like scrolling keep that option as well just make it an option is all i am saying

0E3AAB26-C751-4F47-B4A8-F6B9923B5441.jpeg

Yeah... feels like with their sites completely down for weeks, ther was pressure to get SOMETHING back up quickly, and were assured that elements could be added while live... forgetting that customers who visit early come away with a less than impressive experience with a handicapped unfinished site.

dont know why the new site wasn’t worked and tested until finished in parallel — offline — to the old live site? Anyone in tech can give an answer to this that might help sites in the future avoud a disappointing rollout? 

1 minute ago, Aman619 said:

Anyone in tech can give an answer to this that might help sites in the future avoud a disappointing rollout? 

ComicLink will stay stuck in 1994 so no worries there.