• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thin comics damage easily.
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I've put this on the chat line as an observation when handling thin comics that have few pages. I recently received a Silver Surfer Black #1 with a nice Adi Granov cover. I carefully rebagged it from its boarded poly bag into a better boarded Mylar bag. In doing this, the comic stressed in two places on the spine, luckily with no colour break. These are minor but are there all the same. This comic has few pages so the spine is very weak and flexible. It tends to bend with the slightest handling. So, be aware of the fragility of such comics. I think the indents can be pressed out, but its still a bit of a bummer and a lesson learned.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:41 PM, Colin Nash said:

I've put this on the chat line as an observation when handling thin comics that have few pages. I recently received a Silver Surfer Black #1 with a nice Adi Granov cover. I carefully rebagged it from its boarded poly bag into a better boarded Mylar bag. In doing this, the comic stressed in two places on the spine, luckily with no colour break. These are minor but are there all the same. This comic has few pages so the spine is very weak and flexible. It tends to bend with the slightest handling. So, be aware of the fragility of such comics. I think the indents can be pressed out, but its still a bit of a bummer and a lesson learned.

Happened to me with one of the super thin Wizard giveaway books. I got in the habit when transferring, rebagging or reading of using the backing board as support to make sure it didn't bend at the spine. It got to be such a habit that I never had it happen again