• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lee Bermejo
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I decided to do a CAF search on Lee Bermejo’s most recent art after reading that Matt Reeves  The Batman film   Bat-suit will be based on Lee Bermejo’s Designs.

Somehow I expected to see more on CAF from Batman: Damned.

His most recent covers for TEC1019 and 1020 are insanely good.

Is he working digital now?

bf6oarl7djt31.jpg

vms0rul9p2z31.jpg

Edited by Matches_Malone

Damned is very odd - I noted that Brian, who usually doesn’t charge much, if anything to sign, was asking a lot for a Damned signature. Same thing for Bermejo. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has kept the pages, given the hype. I’ve been told the oomph value is because of the bat-wang. Regardless, I enjoyed Luthor more, and recently a page popped up on CAF so I picked it up and it became my first new art arrival of 2020. Luthor #3, pg. 6

6C410EF1-69FD-4256-BE0C-E9C9493CE336.jpeg

I believe based on the silent auctions that his rep (Mark Hay/www.splashpageart.com) has run that he has indeed gone to the dark side and is mostly digital now.  The auction I'm thinking of was for the first splash from the Damned book and it noted that only some of the pages (pieces?) were done traditionally.  I can't see the post on the site now, sorry.

7 hours ago, wurstisart said:

I think here you will find all the answers. He is mostly digital, on occasion he draws traditionally.

The TEC 1019 was done traditionally but I am sure the colored image that you show on top was digitally enhanced. Isn’t that common practice nowadays.

http://www.splashpageart.com/newsdetail.asp?n=105

It looks like he is mostly digital nowadays .  That wasn’t the case when he started.  For the exception of a few pages, I think Damned is  digital as well.