• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First CGC Submission
2 2

30 posts in this topic

He's just saying that the green stripe at the top is because at least one signature wasn't witnessed by a CGC witness. Otherwise, this would have been a completely yellow label. Still a sweet book, congrats!

CGC does not recognize unverified sigs and for good reason.  It's just 'name written on cover'.  Even professional signature experts only give a % because its nearly impossible to verify a signature 100%.  They will say like I am 80% sure this is a real sig,

35 minutes ago, kav said:

CGC does not recognize unverified sigs and for good reason.  It's just 'name written on cover'.  Even professional signature experts only give a % because its nearly impossible to verify a signature 100%.  They will say like I am 80% sure this is a real sig,

+1. Except that inversely, I've seen some forgeries of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in the marketplace within the past few years that I'm 100% sure neither one of them was within 100 miles of. (tsk)

Edited by James J Johnson

5 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

What do you mean by “confirming the signature to eliminate the qualified grade”?

My bad

I thought if whoever the signature belonged too was at a show and a CGC witness verifies that it is that persons signature than the green could be overturned.

1 hour ago, kav said:

One of the other companies offers "verified" but unwitnessed signatures on graded slabs. They put a pink label on them in place of yellow for witnessed. Would you pay an extra dime for any of those? lol

I don't think I've seen one of those pink label sigs that's not well placed and super clean. Amazingly even the Stan Lee's :eyeroll:

4 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

One of the other companies offers "verified" but unwitnessed signatures on graded slabs. They put a pink label on them in place of yellow for witnessed. Would you pay an extra dime for any of those? lol

I don't think I've seen one of those pink label sigs that's not well placed and super clean. Amazingly even the Stan Lee's :eyeroll:

I just would not trust any sig verification like this-especially if you had no idea who was doing it/what their credentials were.  plus what I said about no such thing as 100% verification without iron clad provenance.

27 minutes ago, kav said:

I just would not trust any sig verification like this-especially if you had no idea who was doing it/what their credentials were.  plus what I said about no such thing as 100% verification without iron clad provenance.

Who does the sig belong too?

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
31 minutes ago, kav said:

I believe it is clayton crane in rainbow colors....:foryou:

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:
5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
33 minutes ago, kav said:

just would not trust any sig verification like this-especially if you had no idea who was doing it/what their credentials were.  plus what I said about no such thing as 100% verification without iron clad provenance.

I believe it is clayton crane in rainbow colors....

Crain is credited with some of the art according to the label, anyway that's who I think it is lol