• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First CGC Submission
2 2

30 posts in this topic

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

It's a nice signature

Too bad about CGC policy 

Anyone in there right mind if it ever came to resale would say

"Yeah, that's his sig" especially if they looked at 100 of his sigs

its good that this is the way it is tho-there are excellent forgers that even the actual person couldnt tell it wasnt his sig.

11 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Okay

But I wanna know a back story to the book

How did you get it?

Cus that is a sweet variant

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/940443

I purchased the book at midtown comics times square when it came out. I have two. I wasn't aware of the value until in line for crains sig at terrificon 2019 when someone offered to buy it on the spot. My other has the same sigs unwitnessed. Going to submit that as well (but want to try to wait to get pichelli and BMB). Should come out at 9.8 as well with a green label, which I frankly don't care about, well maybe I do; just bummed that there's apparently enough of a forgery market that people have to worry about authenticity. I've spent a lot of time getting a lot of sigs (including some miller, Conways, and Romita srs) so if I ever decide to slab, I'll have a lot of green labels. Oh well. 

7 minutes ago, 31008 said:

I purchased the book at midtown comics times square when it came out. I have two. I wasn't aware of the value until in line for crains sig at terrificon 2019 when someone offered to buy it on the spot. My other has the same sigs unwitnessed. Going to submit that as well (but want to try to wait to get pichelli and BMB). Should come out at 9.8 as well with a green label, which I frankly don't care about, well maybe I do; just bummed that there's apparently enough of a forgery market that people have to worry about authenticity. I've spent a lot of time getting a lot of sigs (including some miller, Conways, and Romita srs) so if I ever decide to slab, I'll have a lot of green labels. Oh well. 

You could always send too CBCS. I've heard they have less restrictions 

3 hours ago, 31008 said:

I admire that you're willing to pay for authenticated signatures (thumbsu

It'll make the green part of the label not stand out so much :)

3 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You could always send too CBCS. I've heard they have less restrictions 

Yeah they're the ones I was referring to with the pink (unwitnessed) signature labels. They call them verified labels. I think Beckett does the verification for them. 

Only my opinion but I would have a tough time paying any extra for those signatures even if its Beckett. Unless I had it signed seeing the person signing it personally I wouldn't even want it. Too many hucksters out there too much risk :jaws:

58 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Too many hucksters out there too much risk 

Really? Are people out there really forging sigs you can get for 10 bucks or free? Is someone really forging Bagley or Slott? Or Campbell for that matter? I could understand with Lee (even though I purchased one ungraded with no cert, but maybe i'm a sucker) or Romita Sr. but, like Ramos? 

6 hours ago, 31008 said:

Really? Are people out there really forging sigs you can get for 10 bucks or free? Is someone really forging Bagley or Slott? Or Campbell for that matter? I could understand with Lee (even though I purchased one ungraded with no cert, but maybe i'm a sucker) or Romita Sr. but, like Ramos? 

Lee, Romita Sr. Mcfarlane, Cockrum, Miller easily come to mind. Maybe Wein, George Perez, Conway. I don't think anyone's crazy enough to try Claremont's. Jim Shooter often only signs his last name so maybe someone would forge the whole name? 

Edit: Can't believe I forgot Byrne! I already saw a few cbcs slabs with his "verified" sig. He'll have a few meltdowns over that I'm sure!

Edited by MGsimba77

19 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Lee, Romita Sr. Mcfarlane, Cockrum, Miller easily come to mind. Maybe Wein, George Perez, Conway. I don't think anyone's crazy enough to try Claremont's. Jim Shooter often only signs his last name so maybe someone would forge the whole name? 

Edit: Can't believe I forgot Byrne! I already saw a few cbcs slabs with his "verified" sig. He'll have a few meltdowns over that I'm sure!

Byrne was actually at nycc in 2019 so I was able to get a few from him. I don't think cgc witnessing was an option