• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con Forum Dinner, Sat, Sept 17, 2005

170 posts in this topic

Tentative attendees for dinner (as of Aug 26, 2005):

(1) EsquireComics (and Mrs. Esquirecomics)[2]

(2) RedHook [3]

(3) Solar [4]

(4) ShieldAgent (will your daughter be coming?)[5]

(5) Chrisco37 [6]

(6) FlyingDonut (and the lovely Mrs. Flying Donut) [8]

(7) BronzeBruce13 [9]

(8) ArnoldTBlumberg [10]

(9) Silverandbronze [11]

(10) TomG (and spouse - mystery solved!)[13]

(11) DarthDiesel (plus wife and little kids)[15]

(12) Dam60 [16]

(13) ComicBookGuy[17]

(14) Colossuscomics [18]

(15) Steve Borock [19]

(16) William Insignares [20]

C'mon guys, lets get this list higher!! makepoint.gif

Tentative attendees for dinner (as of Aug 26, 2005):

(2) RedHook [3]

(3) Solar [4]

(5) Chrisco37 [6]

(7) BronzeBruce13 [9]

(8) ArnoldTBlumberg [10]

(9) Silverandbronze [11]

(12) Dam60 [16]

(13) ComicBookGuy[17]

(14) Colossuscomics [18]

(15) Steve Borock [19]

C'mon guys, lets get this list higher!! makepoint.gif

Where are the other CGC guys?

How 'bout Lantern? Are you coming, B?

Tentative attendees for dinner (as of Aug 27, 2005):

(2) RedHook [3]

(3) Solar [4]

(5) Chrisco37 [6]

(7) BronzeBruce13 [9]

(8) ArnoldTBlumberg [10]

(9) Silverandbronze [11]

(12) Dam60 [16]

(13) ComicBookGuy[17]

(14) Colossuscomics [18]

(15) Steve Borock [19]

(17) thecollector [21]

(18) comicguy96 (and guest)[23]

The dinner will be held at the Wyndham Hotel, which is near the Convention Center. I am working on the menu and final price, but I am confident that everyone will be very satisfied with the results, which I should have within a few days.

In fact, those of you who plan to attend, or who are contemplating attending, can provide some helpful insight. We will have a price fixed meal that will include salad, main course, desert, coffee, tea, soda, tax and tip. I envision a cocktail hour starting at 7:30 pm and the sit down dinner to begin at 8:30 pm.

Would people prefer a cash bar the entire time OR spending a few extra dollars per person so that there is an open bar (at least beer and wine) for the cocktail hour?

We will be in a private room in "Shula's 2".Here is some information on the restaurant:

Shula’s 2 is a transition from a sports bar to casual dining with a more upscale menu. With Shula’s 2 we offer Certified Angus Beef® steaks from our Steak Houses in smaller portions, newly introduced Certified Angus Beef® cuts, such as the flat iron, and the Certified Angus Beef® brand as a standard for all burgers. Newer, more popular salads and fresh seafood address all taste buds. Appetizers and sides are simple, yet complimentary to the menu items.

Restaurant look and design strategy consists of some memorabilia and pictures celebrating local sports heroes and celebrities, including a ’72 Dolphin jersey and helmet and two Super Bowl trophies. Also central to atmosphere are high-end flat panel screened TVs, dark woods and frames with spotlights, and pigskin walls. Granite topped tables and dark leather booths offer a different appeal and destination for the local market. The bar becomes a place of socializing with wine and martinis for both business types and groups or individuals looking for a warm atmosphere or a place to be seen. For private dining, there is great variety and flexibility with the menu items.

If you are interested in attending, please let me know!!!!

Can I slip in my fiancee if she wants to come along?

As a paid guest for the dinner, or just to attend as arm candy?

Certainly not a problem to have her attend, but obviously it wouldn't be right to have someone partake in a paid event that others are subsidizing without paying themselves.

Of course, anyone would be welcome to physically be there and chat with everyone and simply purchase their own drinks from the bar, which is right near the private room we will be in.

How much extra are we talking to make it open bar

Not sure yet. I hope to know tomorrow or Tuesday. I would only consider it if it were no more than $10 per person.

No matter what, the evening will be less than $50 per person and I am trying to keep it more towards $40-$45.

We will be in a private room in "Shula's 2".Here is some information on the restaurant:

Shula’s 2 is a transition from a sports bar to casual dining with a more upscale menu. With Shula’s 2 we offer Certified Angus Beef® steaks from our Steak Houses in smaller portions, newly introduced Certified Angus Beef® cuts, such as the flat iron, and the Certified Angus Beef® brand as a standard for all burgers. Newer, more popular salads and fresh seafood address all taste buds. Appetizers and sides are simple, yet complimentary to the menu items.

Restaurant look and design strategy consists of some memorabilia and pictures celebrating local sports heroes and celebrities, including a ’72 Dolphin jersey and helmet and two Super Bowl trophies. Also central to atmosphere are high-end flat panel screened TVs, dark woods and frames with spotlights, and pigskin walls. Granite topped tables and dark leather booths offer a different appeal and destination for the local market. The bar becomes a place of socializing with wine and martinis for both business types and groups or individuals looking for a warm atmosphere or a place to be seen. For private dining, there is great variety and flexibility with the menu items.

Shula's!!! Great choice, Mark. I can't wait. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Tentative attendees for dinner (as of September 2, 2005):

(2) RedHook [3]

(3) Solar [4]

(5) Chrisco37 [6]

(7) BronzeBruce13 [9]

(8) ArnoldTBlumberg (and Stephanie)[11]

(9) Silverandbronze [12]

(10) TomG (and spouse - mystery solved!)[14]

(11) DarthDiesel (plus wife and little kids)[16]

(12) Dam60 [17]

(13) ComicBookGuy[18]

(14) Colossuscomics [19]

(15) Steve Borock [20]

(16) William Insignares [21]

(17) thecollector [22]

(18) comicguy96 (and guest)[24]

The dinner will be held at the Wyndham Hotel,

I almost booked rooms there on Tuesday. We're staying at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel instead, to be closer to the Aquarium (Logan loves this place!) - any idea how far the Wyndham is? I'm definitely going but just to plan logistics of getting there from con or hotel...