• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this TOS 55

15 posts in this topic

After looking at the comic I figured 8.5 and thought most of the board would have echoed that. They felt slightly lower. Clearly that spine is the determining factor. We're clearly seeing some CB along the spine. LLFC and ULFC along with a CB at Mandarin's triceps (Maybe his triceps is too large for the comic, but I doubt it perhaps his garb was fluttering in the breeze and wore that spot out.) But that CB should fit into 8.0

BTW minor CB along spine automatically throws the comic into the 8 tier or lower (depending on severity of course). sorry.gif

After looking at the comic I figured 8.5 and thought most of the board would have echoed that. They felt slightly lower. Clearly that spine is the determining factor. We're clearly seeing some CB along the spine. LLFC and ULFC along with a CB at Mandarin's triceps (Maybe his triceps is too large for the comic, but I doubt it perhaps his garb was fluttering in the breeze and wore that spot out.) But that CB should fit into 8.0

BTW minor CB along spine automatically throws the comic into the 8 tier or lower (depending on severity of course). sorry.gif

I'm going to take the low road on this copy - that impact damage to the LLFC is going to have an IMPACT on the grade. The corners are worn and there is the "cracking" of color at the center of the spine - I'll venture a . . . 7.0 sumo.gif

Just because there is an absence of "conventional" creasing doesn't mean it warrants as high a grade as an 8.0 - remember, 8.0 means "Very Fine" sumo.gif

Looks like I was low on the grade comared to the general opinion. If it was in a store I might buy it as a F/VF 7.0, but wouldn't pay a VF price for it.

Still a very nice copy.

7.5 or maybe even 8.0. Have a look at the amount of spine stress and Edge stress on the Teen Titans book in the OSGG. This cover presents as well as that one IMO and the Teen Titans is an 8.0.