• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #85 cover that was on eBay
2 2

50 posts in this topic

The cover art is a nice looking DPS.

However, this may be one of the few times where the back cover looks better than the front.  Lol.

Of course, the real crime in all of this is the seller trying to sell a used wok for $66.  There must be some shill bids in there.  Lol.

1 hour ago, grapeape said:

It blows the lid off the Wolverine 75 cover where the adamantium is ripped out by Magneto. Same art team. That might be a more “important” cover for nostalgic story telling.

It sold for $10,000 and a few dollars more a few years back at HA.

I think the 85 cover is superior artistically  and just a magnificent specimen. I think the mind blowing art, the fresh to market angle and a shot at grabbing a win off eBay with limited exposure all contributed to the madness.

The #75 cover would definitely sell for more than the #85 now.  It's been almost 7 years since it last sold at HA in May 2013 for $10,755 and, crucially, that 7 years makes an even bigger difference to the cohort most interested in buying drek memorable art from this era. I would not be at all surprised to see the #75 cover sell for 3-4x (or maybe even more!) its 2013 price if it were to be sold today. 

2 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

The #75 cover would definitely sell for more than the #85 now.  It's been almost 7 years since it last sold at HA in May 2013 for $10,755 and, crucially, that 7 years makes an even bigger difference to the cohort most interested in buying drek memorable art from this era. I would not be at all surprised to see the #75 cover sell for 3-4x (or maybe even more!) its 2013 price if it were to be sold today. 

I don’t think the owner is selling ha ha. Pretty sure. But yeah I get it. This is good news for those who collect drek.

Adam Drek?

1 hour ago, NelsonAI said:

The cover art is a nice looking DPS.

However, this may be one of the few times where the back cover looks better than the front.  Lol.

Of course, the real crime in all of this is the seller trying to sell a used wok for $66.  There must be some shill bids in there.  Lol.

It’s a nice wok....in fairness to the wife of the former Marvel boss.

18 hours ago, grapeape said:

How can eBay be taken seriously if a winning bid is not honored. Imagine HA letting an auction come to conclusion and then saying sorry, no sale....

Shenanigans.

As a relative newcomer to the hobby, honestly I don’t take eBay seriously. I know there’s gold to be had, but I don’t like the system. So far I can live with it. I’d rather buy off CAF from someone with a healthy gallery and lots of interactions.